Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agreed! Got the Limited. What's the point of working all these years if you can't treat yourself. I specifically got the Limited because of the vented seats. It's been mid-90s for a few days with no end in sight. Really glad I did.
I will second that motion. Pick up my new Limited tomorrow. My retirement (second one) gift to myself. You only live once.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
240 Posts
Agreed! Got the Limited. What's the point of working all these years if you can't treat yourself. I specifically got the Limited because of the vented seats. It's been mid-90s for a few days with no end in sight. Really glad I did.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm retired, stumbled upon this Stone Blue SEL FWD w/activity package and it has most all the bells and whistles that I want. I did install the Homelink mirror for convenience of the garage door opener and compass.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
371 Posts
I came from a 2008 Sonata. The major bell and whistle was a radio that had Sirrius/XM and CD player. There were no USB plugs, no Bluetooth, and not even a way to access my phone. I bought a windshield phone mount so I could use Google maps. Moving up to an SEL AWD was such an incredible jump in tech it seemed like going from a horse and buggy to a luxury limousine. :oops: So all the additional addons for the premium and limited aren't missed since I didn't even know what they were or how they might be good! I'm very happy with the SEL AWD no activity package.:love:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I came from a 2008 Sonata. The major bell and whistle was a radio that had Sirrius/XM and CD player. There were no USB plugs, no Bluetooth, and not even a way to access my phone. I bought a windshield phone mount so I could use Google maps. Moving up to an SEL AWD was such an incredible jump in tech it seemed like going from a horse and buggy to a luxury limousine. :oops: So all the additional addons for the premium and limited aren't missed since I didn't even know what they were or how they might be good! I'm very happy with the SEL AWD no activity package.:love:

Welcome to the new world order............

Gusto!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
622 Posts
Welcome to the new world order............

Gusto!
I am actually pondering selling my Ridgeline for something that gets more than 18 mpg in the city. I have offers from $36.5K to $41K. The only problem is, there is absolutely nothing on the lot to buy that does not have a significant markup. Glad you are enjoying your SC. What kind of mpg's are you getting with it?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
... So all the additional addons for the premium and limited aren't missed since I didn't even know what they were or how they might be good! ...
That's why the preacherman used to yell at the farm boys coming to the city for the first time, "Avert yer eyes, lads! Avert yer eyes!"

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I am actually pondering selling my Ridgeline for something that gets more than 18 mpg in the city. I have offers from $36.5K to $41K. The only problem is, there is absolutely nothing on the lot to buy that does not have a significant markup. Glad you are enjoying your SC. What kind of mpg's are you getting with it?
Read a report today that said the average starting point for a new vehicle, excluding the exotics, was right at $45K. My first house didn’t cost that! New vehicles are up over 12% from last year. Used vehicle cost was up, if I remember correctly, somewhere between 15 - 18%. In today’s market MSRP is a bargain.

I’m very pleased with my MPG. But, you need to know I do very little actual city driving. If I had to break it down I’d say 10% city, 60% back country roads and 30% highway.

Below is the last 293 miles with percentage as stated above

Communication Device Mobile device Font Gadget Electronic device

Below is pretty much life of the vehicle. Which has slightly over 1/2 of those as highway miles.
Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device Telephony Font

Gusto!

·
Registered
2022 Stone Blue SEL AWD
78 Posts
Guess I'm somewhat by myself, we have the SEL AWD and I think it has way too many bells and whistles. I generally consider all this stuff something that will someday cause problems. Think the tech has caused poor drivers and will create many more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guess I'm somewhat by myself, we have the SEL AWD and I think it has way too many bells and whistles. I generally consider all this stuff something that will someday cause problems. Think the tech has caused poor drivers and will create many more.
I'm sure that's much the same people in the 1920-30's were saying when the radio first started appearing in automobiles. Then again when electronic ignition started taking over under the hood. Even before all those bells and whistles the cars have become next to impossible for the DIY mechanic to work on. Now we have even more of those electronics inside. Talk about bells and shistles the self driving cars are not far away.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm sure that's much the same people in the 1920-30's were saying when the radio first started appearing in automobiles. Then again when electronic ignition started taking over under the hood. Even before all those bells and whistles the cars have become next to impossible for the DIY mechanic to work on. Now we have even more of those electronics inside. Talk about bells and shistles the self driving cars are not far away.
Can someone please point me to where Hyundai hid the crank in the front grill of the SC? I can't seem to find it so I can wind up and start my truck? 😁

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
@rrbhokies

Sorry, The Maverick needed all those cranks they could find. With today's Global market shortage Hyundai sold all of their "cranks" to Ford over MSRP! Instead, Hyundai has resorted to the Fred Flintstone method of starting their vehicles. However, brake pads are plentiful as they require no chips!

Gusto!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts