Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL Sage Gray (non turbo)
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure the leather heated steering wheel can be installed in the SEL but at what cost?

Or what are some of the options out there? I have a $1500 budget.

Thanks,
Gusto!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me the 1500 and I'll send you a pair of leather gloves lol.
I have a condition where my hands are always cold. I would use the heated steering wheel on my last three trucks all year long. I’ve found that if I put cold hands into gloves it just keeps my hands cold. I do appreciate your willingness to help and fleece me out of $1500!

BTW - I prefer brown gloves over black…..

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I’m sure the leather heated steering wheel can be installed in the SEL but at what cost?

Or what are some of the options out there? I have a $1500 budget.

Thanks,
Gusto!
I really didn’t know this was a thing, vehicles with out heated steering wheel on vehicles 20ish and newer - Till I joined this forum.
Base, SC in Canada, is equipped with heated steering wheel and heated front seats.

search for 2022 Tucson leather wheel, fits SC - I guess the question is if there’s wiring for the steering wheel to connect to
runs about $700
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got off the phone with my dealership. Asked them about changing out my SEL non-leather, non-heated steering wheel for OEM one on the upper trim level.

Told them possible Tucson leather heated steering wheel might work. Their response, if it can’t be done using current SC OEM hardware we won’t do it. Told me it could be expensive. I told them I was okay with expensive. (Whatever that means)

Let’s see if I even get a call back from dealer.

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealership. Asked them about changing out my SEL non-leather, non-heated steering wheel for OEM one on the upper trim level.

Told them possible Tucson leather heated steering wheel might work. Their response, if it can’t be done using current SC OEM hardware we won’t do it. Told me it could be expensive. I told them I was okay with expensive. (Whatever that means)

Let’s see if I even get a call back from dealer.

Gusto!
Tucson steering wheel is also OEM for Santa Cruz - identical

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I actually received a call this morning from my dealership.

This is part of the message left on my iPhone before I called them back:
“It doesn't look like that would be possible, unfortunately we're not sure of the wiring is there to even install the parts. the only way to test them would be to bring the car in and have a technician look to see if the required wiring has been installed to hook up heat. if it's possible and they had the parts Quote for pasts only I believe would about a $1,200 - $1,500.”

Plus, there would be a charge for the technician initial look to check for wiring to see if even possible.

Finally, it it is possible, there would also be the labor change for the actual install.

total cost over $2000. Ouch! A little to pricey. It looks like on those really cold days I’ll turn on the heated seat and sit on my hands to keep them warm. ****Sigh

Gusto!

·
Registered
418 Posts
So, I actually received a call this morning from my dealership.

This is part of the message left on my iPhone before I called them back:
“It doesn't look like that would be possible, unfortunately we're not sure of the wiring is there to even install the parts. the only way to test them would be to bring the car in and have a technician look to see if the required wiring has been installed to hook up heat. if it's possible and they had the parts Quote for pasts only I believe would about a $1,200 - $1,500.”

Plus, there would be a charge for the technician initial look to check for wiring to see if even possible.

Finally, it it is possible, there would also be the labor change for the actual install.

total cost over $2000. Ouch! A little to pricey. It looks like on those really cold days I’ll turn on the heated seat and sit on my hands to keep them warm. ****Sigh

Gusto!
Just wrap some heat tape on it .

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is possible that the wiring is there. I know, coming from the Tiburon platform, Hyundai would install as many components that were the same between models. For example, the wiring harness in the cabin was the same between the base model and the GT, and even with the Canadian and Korean models. In the US, we didn't get the auto headlights, but the Korean models had it and I believe Canada did to, along with the DRL. Often times, you would find connectors with nothing connected. That's because they were for items available on other models. So, there's a good possibility that the harness is there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a condition where my hands are always cold. I would use the heated steering wheel on my last three trucks all year long. I’ve found that if I put cold hands into gloves it just keeps my hands cold. I do appreciate your willingness to help and fleece me out of $1500!

BTW - I prefer brown gloves over black…..

Gusto!
Same issue. I have low blood pressure, which causes coldness in my extremities, mostly my fingers. Makes working outside in Illinois loads of fun in the winter, and I've never really found a solution to the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
666 Posts
Very few manufacturers have the heated steering wheel as an "optional accessory" that can be added later. Fortunately or unfortunately for you, the Ridgeline was one that did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts