Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my $500 on an ultimate trim SC back in early May. I would check this forum for updates every day as well as Hyundai Canada’s (still outdated) website.
I’ve been calling and emailing my dealer on a weekly basis looking any kind of updates and nothing… Until today!
My dealer finally emailed telling me that Hyundai Canada have said that my SC will be the first one to be ordered for Ottawa and it will arrive by late September.
Although it’s still over a month away, I find comfort in at least knowing that my SC is coming!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Yep, our system is very different than the US. Means we have to wait longer, but we are actually getting our vehicles built for us, to order. I posted in another thread yesterday that my dealer said they're expecting a demo in early September with orders arriving a couple of weeks after that. So I'm expecting 2nd last/last week of September - which works for me, because I have two weeks of vacation booked starting Thanksgiving weekend! If the border is open, we're taking a trip to Indiana to visit the family, otherwise we're debating a little Canadian road trip for fun. Good time to get some miles behind the wheel either way!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, our system is very different than the US. Means we have to wait longer, but we are actually getting our vehicles built for us, to order. I posted in another thread yesterday that my dealer said they're expecting a demo in early September with orders arriving a couple of weeks after that. So I'm expecting 2nd last/last week of September - which works for me, because I have two weeks of vacation booked starting Thanksgiving weekend! If the border is open, we're taking a trip to Indiana to visit the family, otherwise we're debating a little Canadian road trip for fun. Good time to get some miles behind the wheel either way!
I also have a road trip planned on October 1st. Really hoping it’s in my new truck (I’m calling it a truck lol). What color and trim did you order and from where?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I went Sage Grey Ultimate, Kenora Hyundai. Originally I ordered the Trend, but wife wanted ventilated seats ... after 22 years, I know not to argue when she tells me to upgrade the thing I want before I get it. Emailed the dealer and he made the change for me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
NICE!!! I don't know if I'll be ready for it that soon. Once I have a date though, it'll be time to get two vehicles listed for sale, the 2012 Journey and my 97 Sierra. The Cruz is replacing both in the driveway. It'll be nice to just have two vehicles in it again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NICE!!! I don't know if I'll be ready for it that soon. Once I have a date though, it'll be time to get two vehicles listed for sale, the 2012 Journey and my 97 Sierra. The Cruz is replacing both in the driveway. It'll be nice to just have two vehicles in it again.
That’s great! I’m trading in my 2011 Sante fe 3.5 AWD sport. It served its purpose but time for an upgrade! I should point out that my main reason for getting a Santa Cruz is because I’m a self employed painter. I currently have all of my tools in the back of my Santa Fe and the idea of doing that with a brand new Suv didn’t sit right with me. The Santa Cruz was too good to be true for what I need when I came across it!

·
Registered
861 Posts
The lockable covered bed sounds exactly like what you need then! It'll definitely stand out as a business vehicle too. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hey, @dannybag, send us a picture with your company name on the side of your SC. And, maybe some pix of all your paint, tools, etc. in the back (instead of the bags of mulch we usually see) for all the "It's not a truck" folks. ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dealer just called me and said that the ETA has now moved to September 9th!
Just got an email from my dealer LITERALLY 5 minutes ago that he just received the invoice for my Santa Cruz. Expecting it in late September. Says his demo should be on the lot next week. Guess I know where I'm going next Saturday!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got an email from my dealer LITERALLY 5 minutes ago that he just received the invoice for my Santa Cruz. Expecting it in late September. Says his demo should be on the lot next week. Guess I know where I'm going next Saturday!
Finally we’re getting somewhere lol. Happy for ya! Still suspect that the website isn’t updated and they’ll be selling them

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'll be surprised if they update the website by Christmas, at this point. LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kinda got the same news... dealer here has one coming in in the next couple of days just for test drives, and my unit is apparently 15th in line at the factory (whatever that means... but at least it sounds like it is earmarked for me)... expecting my unit to arrive mid-September here in Edmonton.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice!! Sounds like the same deal across Canada then ... dealers actually getting dedicated demos to have on the lot, and our pre-orders are ACTUALLY pre-ORDERS being built with our names attached. I'm happy to wait for that, even if my inner two year old wants it two weeks ago. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've got one pegged for early October, if the border is open. Fingers crossed we don't 4th wave into another round of lockdowns by then. It's getting really old.

·
Registered
861 Posts
If anyone is near Winnipeg, I just found ONE dealer with a Stone Blue Trend on their website. Says 15km on the odometer. I went looking because I was thinking about taking a trip to the city this weekend, and thought ... hmm... maybe one of their several Hyundai dealers might have a Cruz I could see if I go. 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Preferred Trend, stock no. Y22098 - Birchwood Hyundai

Probably be gone by the weekend anyway. Still ... they exist! In theory. I don't see any photos there outside of stock press photos either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts