Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starved for any new info, I listened to this 45 min video while working yesterday. Not much in the way of new stuff, but did pull out the remotely interesting bits.
Here you can see the 2x6 shelving feature:

Slightly reassuring infographic about their tow testing, as well as what looks like 2 bikes in the bed, top right:

And 18" and 20" wheels. They're not my favorite, but certainly not a deal killer:

There was some other info I hadn't heard elsewhere, like rain sensing wipers on the top tier, ambient light with like 8 colors on lower models and 200 colors on higher ones, but nothing earth shattering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Information starved as well! You'd think Hyundai would have released some official information so close to its supposed release date! Either way, I can't wait for my All white Limited! Learned a few things from that video myself! So excited!

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Equinox LT AWD 1.5T, 2012 Dodge Journey CVP, 1997 GMC C1500 5.0L 2WD
23 Posts
I was hoping they would push out some pricing info in the days following the Maverick announcement. This is the size of 'ute' I'm looking for - mostly SUV, but trucky enough for when I need a bed once in a while. 5,000lbs towing is plenty for any of my needs too. I know Ford is going aggressive with the low starting price ... but look at everything you DON'T get with that base trim! No AWD, not even bleemin' cruise control. Truly meant as a city-only little work vehicle. I think Hyundai is smart to start with a mid-level 'base' trim in Canada. We like our AWD in the winter!

I'm just about to drop a deposit ... trying to decide if I want to stick with Sage Grey or go Hampton Grey. I do wish they had some fun colours to go with the desert camo palette. The Maverick definitely has better colour options. But it's as stylish as a well-beaten brick. Also wish there was a way to get some features of the base Preferred trim - cloth seats and no sunroof - with the Trend package. Nothing wrong with the Ultimate, really, except the 20" rims. I'd much rather have the 18s. Yes, I know I'm an outlier in preferring smaller/taller tires on my vehicles. (I like manual transmissions too, maybe it's related.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts