Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new SEL. I paired the phone, but have not finished making voice recognition work. Attempts to make CarPlay work with my iPhone X repeatedly failed when connected by wire. I read all I could find in the manual and on-line. Finally, I solved the problem. There was one more layer of menus I had not found. Settings > Bluetooth > Santa Cruz (connected) > tap on the “i” surrounded by a circle. Move the CarPlay slide switch to “on.” I never expected another menu under the encircled “i”.

There have been several things the manual describes how to turn ‘on,” but not how to turn “off,” etc. I am having to do my own trial and error detective work.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Not sure how it works in the SEL, but there are two voice recognition systems in the Limited -- the Hyundai side and the CarPlay side. To activate Siri, hold down the voice button on the steering wheel until Siri activates. To activate the Hyundai voice recognition (ex. to dial by voice when not using CarPlay and only using Bluetooth in my case and other things), just press the steering wheel button once (i.e. don't hold it down). Hope this helps or is insightful for some invocation options. Good luck!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing. Not sure how it works in the SEL, but there are two voice recognition systems in the Limited -- the Hyundai side and the CarPlay side. To activate Siri, hold down the voice button on the steering wheel until Siri activates. To activate the Hyundai voice recognition (ex. to dial by voice when not using CarPlay and only using Bluetooth in my case and other things), just press the steering wheel button once (i.e. don't hold it down). Hope this helps or is insightful for some invocation options. Good luck!
Thank you. I will try these things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.