Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if others experience this same behavior, if its just me, and if anyone has found any work arounds.

Now in my previous Honda Carplay steeling focus was an issue as well, but its a bigger issue in the Hyundai making it more annoying.

In my Honda it would steel focus if something on the phone like an app used audio, and that I could understand. I accepted that as annoyance that I could live with.

But if say I got a text message while using using Waze maps and listening to FM or Satellite , focus would go to Carplay while it read the text message but it would go back to my other audio source once it finished reading the message.

In the Hyundai after its done reading a message the focus will continue to stay on Carplay and I need to manually hit the mode button to switch to satellite or radio.

Also a related annoyance is if I want to have the Carplay screen up but then switch the audio source with the mode button to satellite or radio it leaves the carplay screen.

It will only remain on the Carplay screen if I have a destination input on one of the map apps like Waze.

And sorry for all the Carplay threads lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve found this annoying as well. When I used CarPlay in my old CR-V, it would open but keep the same audio source. So I could use CarPlay while listening to SXM. I can’t figure out how to do that in my Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve found this annoying as well. When I used CarPlay in my old CR-V, it would open but keep the same audio source. So I could use CarPlay while listening to SXM. I can’t figure out how to do that in my Santa Cruz.
Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts