Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned to get out of my Cruz faster then normal without the door fully extended, and the bottom corner was sharp enough to leave a nice scratch on the side of my right calf, I felt the area with my fingers and it doesn't feel that sharp but it somehow did the damage, just a warning to others when getting out, especially now that "shorts" weather is upon us. I'm calling my lawyer in the morning. JK!!
Gesture Finger Foot Human leg Scar

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tread

·
Registered
78 Posts
I turned to get out of my Cruz faster then normal without the door fully extended, and the bottom corner was sharp enough to leave a nice scratch on the side of my right calf, I felt the area with my fingers and it doesn't feel that sharp but it somehow did the damage, just a warning to others when getting out, especially now that "shorts" weather is upon us. I'm calling my lawyer in the morning. JK!!
View attachment 9955
View attachment 9956
OUCH!?!

This will never happen to me! Why you ask? My walking cane is the first thing out the door.

Ahhhh, but I’d risk it all if I could. Trade my cane for my 25 year old body.

Gusto!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I haven't had that happen to me yet but I have discovered that the open door detents are not very secure. I had my left leg outside the door while getting into the cruck and a gust of wind slammed the door on my leg. Fortunately, I was able to stop the worst of it with my hand but it hurt enough to feel like it could have broken my leg had I not at least slowed it down a tad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts