Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I’d share the vent mount that I found that works with the thick vents in the SC. This is meant for phones with MagSafe but can work with all phones with the included attachments. NOTE I cut off the small hooks at the end with nail clippers for flush hold on the vent.
VICSEED Phone Magnet for Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YJ9YYFR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Vehicle Plant Car Automotive design Steering wheel
Plant Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Vehicle audio

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thought I’d share the vent mount that I found that works with the thick vents in the SC. This is meant for phones with MagSafe but can work with all phones with the included attachments. NOTE I cut off the small hooks at the end with nail clippers for flush hold on the vent.
VICSEED Phone Magnet for Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YJ9YYFR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Amazon.com: Car Phone Holder Mount, Beam Electronics Phone Car Air Vent Mount Holder Cradle Compatible for iPhone 12 11 Pro Max XS XS XR X 8+ 7+ SE 6s 6+ 5s 4 Samsung Galaxy S4-S10 LG Nexus Nokia : Cell Phones & Accessories

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
42 Posts
VICSEED Phone Magnet for Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YJ9YYFR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
@AndyJones ; you asked me on another thread about a phone mount….looks like @Brian ; found one that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
128 Posts
What cover do you have for the Start/Stop ignition button?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Have you given up on android auto/carplay functionality? Seems there would be no easy clean way to mount a cable way up there, and the headunit doesn't have wireless capability.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One warning on the Magnetic mounts......Do NOT use a stick on metal plate on your phone or case in conjunction with a wireless QR charger. My S8 and wireless cradle at home dramatically overheats and freaks out. I've removed all those Magnetic holders, as convenient as they are..

·
Registered
712 Posts
One warning on the Magnetic mounts......Do NOT use a stick on metal plate on your phone or case in conjunction with a wireless QR charger. My S8 and wireless cradle at home dramatically overheats and freaks out. I've removed all those Magnetic holders, as convenient as they are..
You can use them but you'd have to goolge your particular phone and figure out where the wireless interface is. Usually its in the center of the phone, so you would just put the metal plate on the very top and bottom of the phone and find a magnetic mount that works accordingly. Caused no problems that way, and the mount was just self made, I used that thick double-stick tape and two rare earth magnets spaced properly apart with a rubber adhesive non-slip stuck on the surface of the magnets, holds it super secure in the vehicle.

OPs mount appears to use a metal ring instead, so the wireless charging happens through the middle of it, which is also clever.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you given up on android auto/carplay functionality? Seems there would be no easy clean way to mount a cable way up there, and the headunit doesn't have wireless capability.
I use the cord for CarPlay only half the time but it does take way the clean look.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
Brain - Will you measure how far out the from the edge of the mounting vent the magnetic surface is for me? I have a MageSafe iPh12 and love my home MagSafe charger mount. I have a SEL without the flat screen gauge cluster, but it has a vent type edge in that location that something might be able to mount to, yet the area there seems narrower between the hood and the center console edge. I want to know if it will sit out away from the vent enough to let my iPh12 clear everything. Thx

·
Registered
Santa Cruz limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brain - Will you measure how far out the from the edge of the mounting vent the magnetic surface is for me? I have a MageSafe iPh12 and love my home MagSafe charger mount. I have a SEL without the flat screen gauge cluster, but it has a vent type edge in that location that something might be able to mount to, yet the area there seems narrower between the hood and the center console edge. I want to know if it will sit out away from the vent enough to let my iPh12 clear everything. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Perfect! Thank you. I'll see if my mounted phone at that distance will clear the gauge cluster hood and console edge tomorrow. (y)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Might be referring to calling me Brain at the start of your post.
Oh, a "typo!" 😊 I'm the proud KING of typo's. 🤴 Funny how when you make a typo the writer can't proof it, yet others see it plain as day. The writer reads his thoughts, not the words...

That small area between the gauge cluster hood and center console edge on the SE & SEL Non-Activity is too narrow for placing my phone there. Plus the horizonal rib appears to be narrow on the front edge and gets wider going back. That's not good for a clamp staying in place. It was worth a try.

I'm leaning towards horizonal/landscape MagSafe mount right in front of the driver on top of the hood now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used ProClips in all my personal, company (45) and family vehicles (as gifts) for years. I am patiently waiting for ProClip to come out with custom mount for the SC. ProClip is a 2-part phone mount system. 1 for the vehicle (make, model year) and the other for the phone type - see: ProClip USA | Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts

Until Proclip comes out with a custom SC mount, I am using one of their universal pedestal mounts:

Vehicle Car Speedometer Light Trip computer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts