Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my SC last Thursday and put about 25 miles on it in less than 13 hours of ownership. Check engine light went on and bluelinj said it detected possible fault in "engine control system" dealership said it was a faulty sensor and reset it, only to come on again after about another 30 miles. Got an appointment to have them dig into and see if they can swap the sensor. Trucks driving fine. Anyone else come across this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had an engine light thrown at me while speeding up to traffic on the interstate with less than 5k miles. Also accelerating upward past 70 the whole truck was stuttering and not shifting into the next gear. I have the limited and am rather worried now

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also accelerating upward past 70 the whole truck was stuttering and not shifting into the next gear. I have the limited and am rather worried now
I would be concerned, considering the increasing number of DCT failures and incidences of poor performance. Hopefully Hyundai is looking into what is going on and will come up with a fix.

Maybe they need to go back to conventional automatics until they can sort out what is wrong with the current generation of DCTs.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
... Anyone else come across this issue?
The quick answer is 'Yes' but the problems were not exactly the same as yours - so far. You can find a handfull of recent stories (perhaps their OPs will point them out.)

I just had an engine light thrown at me while speeding up to traffic on the interstate with less than 5k miles. Also accelerating upward past 70 the whole truck was stuttering and not shifting into the next gear. I have the limited and am rather worried now
Be sure to establish proper documentation of the start of the problem with the dealer. Keep a paper copy of everything, Notes with time and date of who you talked to may turn out to be golden somewhere down the line.

Hope you both will keep your stories updated - many of us are close to buying, but these stories, though few so far, are pretty alarming.

Good luck, and I hope it turns out to be a minor fix and you're back out there Cruzin' again soon.

Reactions: prince_1

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bought my SC last Thursday and put about 25 miles on it in less than 13 hours of ownership. Check engine light went on and bluelinj said it detected possible fault in "engine control system" dealership said it was a faulty sensor and reset it, only to come on again after about another 30 miles. Got an appointment to have them dig into and see if they can swap the sensor. Trucks driving fine. Anyone else come across this issue?
Any update?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update*** brought it to the dealership. They said it's a temperature switch which would lead to the truck overheating. They're holding the truck until the new switch comes in which is unfortunately on back order so they put me in a rental and it'll be at least 10 days they said before they get the part and install it.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just came back from dealer after diagnosing Check Engine Light…after only 521 miles. It was a bad thermocoupler. I didn’t notice any difference in vehicles performance. Part will hopefully be in midweek, next week. Dealer did offer a rental vehicle, but don’t need it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Update*** brought it to the dealership. They said it's a temperature switch which would lead to the truck overheating. They're holding the truck until the new switch comes in which is unfortunately on back order so they put me in a rental and it'll be at least 10 days they said before they get the part and install it.
Just came back from dealer after diagnosing Check Engine Light…after only 521 miles. It was a bad thermocoupler. I didn’t notice any difference in vehicles performance. Part will hopefully be in midweek, next week. Dealer did offer a rental vehicle, but don’t need it.
Sounds like it might be the same thing for both of these. Maybe you two can post the part number of whatever was replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
UPDATE:
Just returned home with my repaired SC. Surprised me the part was here 2 days before expected. For those interested the part# is 25600-2S500. Integrated Thermacouple. The original diagnosis code was DTC P2181F1. In the brief time I drove it home, seems fine. Check Engine light is gone.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
UPDATE:
Just returned home with my repaired SC. Surprised me the part was here 2 days before expected. For those interested the part# is 25600-2S500. Integrated Thermacouple. The original diagnosis code was DTC P2181F1. In the brief time I drove it home, seems fine. Check Engine light is gone.
Good news, thanks for the info

·
Registered
Hampton Grey Limited
284 Posts
I got word today that the truck I have been waiting delivery on never got delivered because the transmission failed before it left the plant. I can see them driving it onto the truck and nope, not moving. This transmission is starting to worry me.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I got word today that the truck I have been waiting delivery on never got delivered because the transmission failed before it left the plant. I can see them driving it onto the truck and nope, not moving. This transmission is starting to worry me.
Well, that sucks… At least they caught the problem, during testing after it was built.I don’t know if they take every vehicle around the test track at the factory or randomly select.
Anyway… at least you didn’t take it home and it died. my old Xterra died on my driveway after taking it home from the dealer, the first night. 😡 First and only Nissan to date.

Honestly, I’d take the DCT over any slush box, if the model offered a choice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts