Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts

The article doesn't mention the Santa Cruz, specifically, but it looks like the Santa Cruz has hit its first delay.
Article is dated June, 14th, guess that hurdle has passed. Not sure I'd deem it the first delay, we've been hearing of the Santa Cruz for several years.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Note the last paragraph. The entire plant is scheduled for a maintenance shutdown until July 11th. That means the Santa Cruz and all other vehicles won't be produced until after that date.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
I feel like the kid at the dinner table when his parents say. "You can't have your pudding until you eat your meat."

I sold my Rib Eye steak DD and now I'm driving a tuff piece of 15 year old jerky. I want my pudding NOW! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
225 Posts

The article doesn't mention the Santa Cruz, specifically, but it looks like the Santa Cruz has hit its first delay.
Appears this article will give hope to all concerned.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Appears this article will give hope to all concerned.
The article is correct, Hyundai has been having one record month after another, but inventories are getting smaller and smaller so that they won't be able to maintain their momentum.

South Florida is one of the top (if not THE top) volume markets for Hyundai. Using the Wayback Machine, I just looked at 3 local dealers inventories - today and July 2019 (so that it's pre-covid).
Potamkin Hyundai - then 299 cars, now 42
Rick Case Hyundai Davie - then 459 cars, now 20
Coconut Creek Hyundai - then 595 cars, now 78

How can you sell over 300 cars a month with this little on the lot?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Also how many of those cars were built BEFORE the chip shortage? The pipeline (we call it a funnel in my business) was likely stuffed, but now its clear and flowing fast. Problem is it could run dry if not refilled... and quickly. The lead time in chip manufacturing is LONG. The just-in-time auto sector doesn't handle such shortages very well as the whole business model is built around waiting for the last minute to assemble all the components.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Also how many of those cars were built BEFORE the chip shortage? The pipeline (we call it a funnel in my business) was likely stuffed, but now its clear and flowing fast. Problem is it could run dry if not refilled... and quickly. The lead time in chip manufacturing is LONG. The just-in-time auto sector doesn't handle such shortages very well as the whole business model is built around waiting for the last minute to assemble all the components.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I read that at least one automaker (maybe, Kia...?) is only providing a single key fob at purchase time. The second will be provided when the chip shortage is fixed.

This may be the reason why Santa Croix are missing such an 'expected feature' as memory seats. Perhaps they'll reappear in next year's builds.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
This may be the reason why Santa Croix are missing such an 'expected feature' as memory seats. Perhaps they'll reappear in next year's builds.
I hope so. If the SC is already wired for the function we may be able to retro fit the switches and modules either from the Tuscon or a future SC model. Per the fuse diagrams there are a few modules required for this function but they are shared with other features like the mood lighting, rear occupant sensor, tailgate, A/C switches, etc. Maybe the IMS (integrated memory seats) required a few chips too many and those resources were already allocated to the Tuscon. Fingers crossed for a retro-fit solution even if its a DYI / non-official hack.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got a notice the SEL we expected November 1 will not arrive until at least November 26 due to “a national shortage of materials.“
sounds like the same thing that happened to me, was Sept, then Oct, now Nov. Stinks but I am okay waiting, praying it is more like xmas and I can ask them to put a F'ing huge red bow on it and park it in my driveway for me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts