Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
they might just giving us tow hooks that are stored in a kit or some storage area till they're needed.
don't them by default having it mounted to the exterior as we get it.
I think that the yellow bits everywhere is overkill for production but having just some yellow or red tow hooks at the front would be a nice touch. Would give it just that little bit of utility/off-road character that it needs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that the yellow bits everywhere is overkill for production but having just some yellow or red tow hooks at the front would be a nice touch. Would give it just that little bit of utility/off-road character that it needs.
If not stock, I can add it myself.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If not stock, I can add it myself.
Yup, tow hooks are the least of my concerns anyways.

Never cared for having them exposed, only when actually TOWING.

Only in favor of them being on cars that see the track often or cars that have a low ride height

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yup, tow hooks are the least of my concerns anyways.

Never cared for having them exposed, only when actually TOWING.

Only in favor of them being on cars that see the track often or cars that have a low ride height
Front tow hooks on trucks are usually used when offroading.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The tow hooks should obviously be usable, but I think that it also would be a nice design touch for the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just don't think that they should get rid of the tow hooks because they are so cheap. It's not like they would be a super expensive thing to produce and add into the vehicle, so they may as well keep them and keep as close to the concept as possible.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Its not that simple. To incorporate tow hooks they have to design the vehicle structure to handle tow hook use in that area. This isn't a ladder frame truck where that would be easy since all you have to do is bolt them to the ends of the frame. Then there's the design, sourcing, manufacturing, assembly... Every little bit helps in vehicle development when it comes to keeping costs in check.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Its not that simple. To incorporate tow hooks they have to design the vehicle structure to handle tow hook use in that area. This isn't a ladder frame truck where that would be easy since all you have to do is bolt them to the ends of the frame. Then there's the design, sourcing, manufacturing, assembly... Every little bit helps in vehicle development when it comes to keeping costs in check.
Jeeps been doing it with the Renegade and new Cherokee...Im sure hyundai could just buy one and reverse engineer it ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think the chances of this happening with a production model will be slim.
Plus won't mind using the usual undercarriage mounted hook for time when I really need a hook

·
Registered
75 Posts
What I'd be interested to see in the Santa Cruz is a hybrid powertrain. Seems like a good idea for an UTE and I think Ford is looking into a hybrid pickup as well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You might be on to something because with all these delays of the SC it could mean them planning for a product that can better live throughout the next decade. To do that it needs to be some sort of hybrid. Already they're pushing hard with products like the Hyundai Ioniq.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts