Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
I know that there is a media embargo on driving impressions from the media. But could the new owners please share their driving experiences with us.
That is crazy Hyundai put the cars into hands of owners before the embargo is lifted. That is another ridiculous move by Hyundai. How much longer until the embargo is lifted, one week, two weeks, a month?

Registered
I guess Hyundai rather get them out in the wild knowing mostly likely owners were going to be active on social media which in this day and age would be real honest people and reviews as there is so much skepticism out there on journalist and blogger reviews, in my opinion.

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
I really don't get is that real owners already santa cruising, and Hyundai still doesn't put out the build configurator, and accessories are still "hidden" or coming soon

Registered
As I've said before I believe this is a "soft launch" because they don't have enough product to meet demand. Extra advertising, details or work (like a build site) will only yield more upset customers who can't take delivery. They have slow rolled this thing from start, this can't be a mistake - it must be on purpose. No OEM wants slow sales but their hand has been forced by lack of product.

Registered
That is crazy Hyundai put the cars into hands of owners before the embargo is lifted. That is another ridiculous move by Hyundai. How much longer until the embargo is lifted, one week, two weeks, a month?
Don't think I've ever seen this with any mass market vehicle release. Hyundai's whole Cruz introduction, from the worthless reservation program, lack of updates to the now review embargo has been odd. Example, we're seeing reviews on GTI's that won't be released for sale for months.

Registered
It drives great. Smooth, cabin is great, easy audio controls. Seating is spacious in the front and very comfortable. Acceleration is good but being easy with it so far so more to come on that. Cannot wait get it out on a highway and open her up!
Thanks!

Registered

Registered
New member, here's my thoughts:

Been car shopping for a while, settled on Hyundai a while ago. Was looking at the Santa Fe/Tucscon. When I did find a dealership that had a Santa Fe (the new XRT Trim - very cool too) I also saw they just had the Santa Cruz roll in the same morning.

The salesperson told me they were gonna sell it within a day easily (and I believe it) - something about a handful of dealerships getting them early to help create buzz/word about it.

I ended up pulling this up next to the Santa Fe XRT and comparing back and forth, ultimately settling on this. While I DO think you probably get more space with the SF given the seats lay flat, I just really liked the Santa Cruz. It's also just myself, my partner, and our dog.

I've been driving all weekend to follow the manual on breaking the car in for the first 600 miles - we have a road trip coming up in two weeks - but here's some quick thoughts:
(I should say this is the SEL Premium Trim).
  • Ride quality is great, comparable to all the other small/mid-size SUVs I drove.
  • Road noise is very quiet. I've done very quick short bursts of highway - unavoidable near me - and road noise is quiet here too.
  • While this doesn't have all the Hyundai Sense driving feature - lane follow and lane keep assist are included and together they are fantastic.
  • The bed looks really small, and is definitely smaller than I envisioned it from seeing photos online first - but 1) I think that's a bit decieving, as it is pretty deep (and has the extra cooler storage) and 2) this was kinda a plus for me anyway. I am excited to not have throw random DIY supplies in the back of my previous sedan, my bike, camping/beach supplies, etc.
  • Love that I have a power outlet in the bed.
  • Maybe not a family SUV car - as I do think you get significantly more back-passenger space with something like the SF. But I guess if you have small kids, etc.
  • Maneuverability/steering etc. are all fantastic. I do live in a city area and still feel like I can get away with a lot of quick turns/etc. that I could with my sedan.
It's a fun car! I'm just driving around for the **** of it. I'm not much of a car enthusiast or anything so I'm sorry I can't give more detailed thoughts off the top of my head, but for anyone considering or with reservations on one, let me know if I can answer any questions or provide other photos.

Registered
Thanks so much for taking the time out to share your impressions with us wannabe's ;) It sounds like your demographic is the exact target of the SC so your report is spot-on for me. Happy Cruzin'!

Oh, and don't forget the picture!

Registered
Haha no worries. Here's some photos: Photos!

Also I used to live in the RTP! Still have family there, my road trip is actually headed there in a couple weeks hahah.
Great pix! Looks like you may be the first to give that tonneau cover a 'water test' -- let us know if there any leaks.

I will keep an eye out for a beautiful, black Santa Cruz. If you see somebody waving, that's me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts