Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my Hampton Gray Limited last night.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

I was canvassing the are within 150 miles and saw this one at a dealer about 75 miles away. Called, and the guy said it was just being unloaded off the truck. I went immediately, and it was so fresh they had to peel off the plastic so I could give it a test drive.

To be honest, Hampton wasn't my first (or second) choice, but I think I'll be plenty happy with it.

The dealership gave me crazy money for my Stinger, enough to buy out my lease, wipe out all my negative equity, and pay for some extras (tint, wheel and tire, windshield protection, and even paintless dent repair). And I got 1.9% interest rate since my credit is excellent. I tried a lease, but they told me Hyundai leases are awful, so I just financed. I'll probably trade again 18-24 months, so it doesn't matter. lol. OH, and the bed extender was in it, so I didn't have to buy it separately.

The little truckster made the long drive home enjoyable (but I was happy to get that steering assist thing turned off this morning ... it makes the steering wheel wriggle in my hands and I hate it). Aside from maybe adjusting the headlights up a tad, everything went perfectly.

It will be a little bit of an adjustment going from a fire-breathing sports sedan to a trucklet, but I like trucks, and this one is unique.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Picked up my Hampton Gray Limited last night.

I was canvassing the are within 150 miles and saw this one at a dealer ... it was so fresh they had to peel off the plastic so I could give it a test drive.
Looks great sitting in your own driveway, I'll bet!

Could you elaborate a bit on just how you were "canvassing" -- were you searching individual dealers' web sites? Or, using AutoTrader.com's search function? Or, ... what?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great sitting in your own driveway, I'll bet!

Could you elaborate a bit on just how you were "canvassing" -- were you searching individual dealers' web sites? Or, using AutoTrader.com's search function? Or, ... what?
Sure. I went to the Hyundai site (hyundaiusa.com) and clicked on the "Inventory" button at the top of the page. You can set the search area you want and see what all the dealers have (and even a few in transit). Then I called the individual dealers to see if they still had it.

Let the website do the work for you!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sure. I went to the Hyundai site (hyundaiusa.com) and clicked on the "Inventory" button at the top of the page. You can set the search area you want and see what all the dealers have (and even a few in transit). Then I called the individual dealers to see if they still had it.

Thanks, @Mike_TX, but I don't have any luck with the Hyundai site -- all the the vehicles on there in my area are all long gone weeks ago. Tried again just now, hoping it was fixed, but still no better. Glad it worked for you, anyway.

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great! Can the driving assist be turned off permanently or everytime you start the car?

Highway driving assist looks great for long highway trips but the lane keeping seems annoying if you are doing around city spirited driving.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! Can the driving assist be turned off permanently or everytime you start the car?

Highway driving assist looks great for long highway trips but the lane keeping seems annoying if you are doing around city spirited driving.
Yeah, it appears it can be. There is a place in the settings menu where you can turn it off and on.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noticed that on close inspection and in good light, there is actually some fine metal flake in the paint. I thought it was literally flat.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Yep, I did the same. Hyundai's site has all of the inventory of the local dealers. I did the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts