Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the SC shares its engine and transmission with other Hyundai models I think we should have a cross reference list for parts and service items.

For example the Smartstream G2.5 T-GDi (turbo) is used in the following applications (per Wikipedia):
What other H/K vehicles use this engine?
What about the DCT? It can be found in the Veloster N, Kia Sorento, Sonata N and Kia K5 correct?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought so too, but no, it shares its "face" with Tucson
Correct - the SC and Tuscon are on the same platform. This would be all the hard mount points for major body parts and components like the hood, doors, suspension, etc. Thus they both share some exterior parts (maybe styled differently) and a TON of interior parts, for example the entire dash. However the drivetrains (engine and transmission) are totally different. This tells me Hyundai wanted the SC to be faster and more powerful, but offered up its 2.5 turbo to make the Tuscon N-Line. In return I can only assume at some point down the road the Tuscon's hybrid engine will make its way into the SC. Pure speculation... but it makes sense. Automakers always parts share internally as much as possible to get a good ROI.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,075 Posts
I think by the time they decide to drop in the Tucson's hybrid powertrain, the Maverick's damage will have been done. So they may want to wait a good 2-3 years, when lease returns start going back and someone who jumped on a hybrid Maverick would be looking for their next thing. At the same time, that would also give Ford 2-3 years to build a loyal following if the Maverick proves a cheap and reliable little trucklet. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts