Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a solution that will allow you to use one set of crossbars that can be used either on top of the bed cover or the roof of the vehicle? I looking at the Rhino-Rack options and was hoping I could have one set that will work in both locations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm using rhino on the bed and factory on the roof. The roof clamps to the side rails and the bed connects to the t-slots. If you make a nount that goes into the t-slots the roof bars may be able to clamp to the mounts. I'll measure when I'm home this weekend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using rhino on the bed and factory on the roof. The roof clamps to the side rails and the bed connects to the t-slots. If you make a nount that goes into the t-slots the roof bars may be able to clamp to the mounts. I'll measure when I'm home this weekend.
That's kind of what I was thinking. If you had a t-slot mount that had the same profile as the factory roof rails then you should be able to clamp them to either location. I would ideally leave them over the bed most of the time, but having that option to move them to the top like the "Rivian" would be awesome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone found a solution that will allow you to use one set of crossbars that can be used either on top of the bed cover or the roof of the vehicle? I looking at the Rhino-Rack options and was hoping I could have one set that will work in both locations.
This is made from Amazon parts - under $200 and no metal drilling.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
5 Posts
What rhino crossbars on the bed are you using? Could you share link

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All, I just found out that 8020 extruded aluminum 10 series fits the cover perfectly. I may have to reconsider my setup. In case you're not familiar with this stuff just go to their website 8020.net. It's a bit expensive but the options for what you could do with the bed cover truly become endless. I think I'm going to switch to this and do rails running full length on the bed then one crossbar fixed at the front. Then when desired it would be very easy to drop in the second bar at the back. It would also be extremely easy to reconfigure it to be a generic cargo carrier. Definitely interesting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What rhino crossbars on the bed are you using? Could you share link
Hi, these are not Rhino bars - just a universal set off Amazon $130 "TMS Low Profile Universal Aluminum Utility Truck Rack" you have to cut them to length - in hindsight would do it differently & use the track already there, adjacent to the tonneau cover ( not move the track from in the bed - SELs)
Window Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Mainly as my set-up doesn't get the bikes close enough to the rear window (bikes hang off the back) and i needed to build "risers: so the cross bar didn't interfere with the tonneau latch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would still like to see an adapter to allow the OEM factory roof crossbars to adapt to the bed track, anybody had any luck yet? I read about that "Delran"(?) plastic that may be able to fabricate into an adapter - boy that would be so convenient to be able to move back and forth and keep all the same!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, i am new to the forum and a new SC owner. I see a lot of people making modifications for trying to get a bed rack system. I have a question, as i have not seen anyone mention this before: Does adding the bed rack or after market roof rack void the warranty?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello, i am new to the forum and a new SC owner. I see a lot of people making modifications for trying to get a bed rack system. I have a question, as i have not seen anyone mention this before: Does adding the bed rack or after market roof rack void the warranty?
No this shouldn't affect any warranty you may have. Also if you think it would, just take it off before going to the dealer to resolve an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What roof rails are you using?They match the rear rack well.
I got mine from Amazon "TMS Low Profile Universal Aluminum Utility Truck Rack
" I had to shorten both cross bars and make spacers to clear the tonneau handle. They mount on the tracks I relocated from inside the bed of my SEL. I prefer the way others have mounted theirs onto the rails built into the tonneau.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts