Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking Crutchfield.com pretty much every other day or so waiting to see when they would have speaker sizes for the SC, and installation gear. Well they finally updated and now you can at least see what speakers fit (depth wise).

I haven't seen anywhere else list the 2 body styles as Santa Cruz Pickup Crew Max and
Santa Cruz Pickup Crew Cab.

The Max is the Bose Audio version. Didn't bother looking into it before because I'm currently not in the market for a new car right now, but I see there is a 5th speaker (3.5") in the center dash for the Bose setup.

I know this is probably meaning less to a lot of you but I'm always excited to see new systems in brand new cars, and to do it on a first generation vehicle takes some guts to be the guinea pig lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
I thought someone figured out the subwoofer is mounted in between the rear seats.

I would be interested in whatever harnesses allow you to tap into the audio signal before and after the factory amp so you can by pass it, or at least grab the low frequency feed to drive an aftermarket amp and sub. Most factory subs don't go low enough for me. Looks like enough room under the rear seats to build a decent enclosure for two (or more?) slim mount 8"s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the SEL Premium, so no Bose, but I do have a center dash speaker. So I'm not sure that they have it entirely correct? Or maybe the center can't be upgraded for the Crew Cab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed with the Bose audio system. Not nearly enough bass. It almost seems like half of the speakers aren’t working.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed with the Bose audio system. Not nearly enough bass. It almost seems like half of the speakers aren’t working.
Bose is definitely not my favorite "premium" car audio brand. Thats said, have you checked the settings? People oftentimes do weird things to settings at the dealership.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know what actual speaker sizes are found on a SC?
(Center speakers are oftentimes 3.5").
According to crutchfield the front and back doors fit 6-3/4" & 6.5" with a bracket, no idea what stock size is. Says 3.5" for the center.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
Ever since that night about 15 years ago when I saw a car sitting at a convenience store obnoxiously blasting music with at least 10 screws and washers sitting under it I quit being so particular about bass. To each his own I suppose. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ever since that night about 15 years ago when I saw a car sitting at a convenience store obnoxiously blasting music with at least 10 screws and washers sitting under it I quit being so particular about bass. To each his own I suppose. ¯\(ツ)
I wouldn’t say I’m someone that needs loud, obnoxious, thumping bass. But some bass would be nice. Even if I set the bass to the max setting in my SC, there is very little. Like I said, it really does seem like only half of the speakers are working.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn’t say I’m someone that needs loud, obnoxious, thumping bass. But some bass would be nice. Even if I set the bass to the max setting in my SC, there is very little. Like I said, it really does seem like only half of the speakers are working.
No clue where the amp / processor is located.. It is possible you may have a loose connection (wiring issue).

·
Registered
115 Posts
For those that have spent more time in the SEL or SEL Premium, how is the sound system in that trim level? Since some people are not that impressed with the Bose system, is the base audio system any good?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
The biggest problem with asking other people's opinions on something as subjective as sound systems is everyone has different tastes/expectations/preferences. You can really only judge it for yourself.

From my limited time behind the wheel (about 30 minutes, mostly with the sound off to hear how the vehicle sounded) and a few blasts of a few varieties of music, it's easily the best sound system of anything I've owned. Although you're not going to get the kind of bass you would from a custom setup with a good amp and some decent 12" subs stuffed into custom enclosures. But it's enough to satisfy my middle aged ears, which spent more than enough of the 90s in small vehicles with big stereos and rippin' loud music blasting the neighbourhood on Friday nights. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The JBL sound system in my Tundra sounds much, much better than the Bose system in my wife's Infiniti. Bose is never my first choice in automotive sound but at least that gives me a good reason to upgrade to something better sooner rather than later. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts