Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
I've gone through dozens of online reviews, and the one spec. I can't find is curb weight. Anybody?
It's kind of like that guy selling you a lease agreement that gives you everything but one number to complete the equation, so you can do your own analysis...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
285 Posts
Payload is like 1700, which makes vehicle weight around 4,000... so yeah possible.
Seems the payload is not what we were led to believe. The door jamb sticker says it's 1411 pounds. I took a photo but for whatever reason I can't seem to attach it. In any case this is obviously much less than advertised.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Payload depends on the model. FWD SE will have hundreds of pounds more than an AWD Limited. Just the facts of weight.
The man speaks the truth... see below:

Get the lightweight FWD SE and you can carry 1,906 lbs.

Technically your load includes passengers too so you need to subtract the weight of all humans aboard. I bet the door jam accounts for 2 people... at minimum you have to factor in the weight of the driver at least.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Agree with that but still the jamb sticker on a SEL premium states a payload of 1411 whereas that chart states 1631. Although I'll likely never have to worry about it that's a considerable difference.

The door jamb sticker includes combined passenger and cargo weight. See next post.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
At least we're evolved past the Maverick fanbois who are still spouting the 660lb nonsense as gospel. :D But when in doubt, go with the door jamb number. OR, also an option, ignore all posted numbers and load it 'til it looks funny and drives in unexpected ways. :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Although I'll likely never have to worry about it that's a considerable difference.
Difference of 220. Add a driver and a full load of fuel (17.7 gallons x 6.1 lb per = 108lbs) and your there.

At least we're evolved past the Maverick fanbois who are still spouting the 660lb nonsense as gospel.
The manual says that "cargo" should never exceed 661lbs. Reading between the lines I believe this is due to the weight limit per axle. There should be another label which lists that figure. Basically out of the 1,411lbs you can't put all of that in the bed.

The example given in the manual...

Honestly if you are anywhere NEAR these numbers you've bought the wrong vehicle. Plus who is putting 5 people in a SC?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Difference of 220. Add a driver and a full load of fuel (17.7 gallons x 6.1 lb per = 108lbs) and your there.

The manual says that "cargo" should never exceed 661lbs. Reading between the lines I believe this is due to the weight limit per axle. There should be another label which lists that figure. Basically out of the 1,411lbs you can't put all of that in the bed.
Yeah I'm sure it's all about the per axle limit. Here's the other sticker there. It lists GVWR of 5732 (2645 Front, 3196 Rear.)
Font Gadget Menu Mobile device Display device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts