Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the low beams are on, I can see that there is a zone where it is dark at top line of the beam. It is right in front of me, and makes it a bit wonky to drive in the night..

Anyone have the same issue ?
Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Mode of transport Thoroughfare

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is intentional ? is that why it is only on the left side? I have never seen this kind of a notch in my other car (I had a Ram 1500 before). Its irritating .. could the notch be removed ?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
89 Posts
I thought because the headlights are so low and partially recessed that it was just a shadow from the overhang of the bumper with the light from the front of the car. I've had a few cars here and there that had an odd light signature. (For lack of a better term). But I got used to it pretty quickly. I learn more about my "Vanna" everyday.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
I'd love to remove the notch, for completely selfish reasons.
1) it leaves a dark spot on the highway that animals can hide in very close to your lane.
2) truck drivers don't seem to understand that our headlights are in fact on and keep highbeaming me in the face to 'remind' me to turn my already on lights on.

I don't think the engineers who designed it have ever driven outside of cities with street lights to illuminate things. I get the point, but I still disagree with it.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
2) truck drivers don't seem to understand that our headlights are in fact on and keep highbeaming me in the face to 'remind' me to turn my already on lights on.
Yup, that was my experience on my multi-state drive home from purchase. Only the big rig drivers flashed me a few times. I think it's because they are sitting way high up and the SC looks strange coming at them.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Fun fact ... when it's dark out, if you flip your headlight switch to parking lights, the full intensity DRLs ARE in fact bright enough to drive by without problems. In fact, because they don't have the harsh cut-off, they're almost an improvement! Wish they could stay full brightness with the low beams on as 'filler' light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd love to remove the notch, for completely selfish reasons.
1) it leaves a dark spot on the highway that animals can hide in very close to your lane.

I don't think the engineers who designed it have ever driven outside of cities with street lights to illuminate things. I get the point, but I still disagree with it.
I am pretty sure you can remove it. It is in the settings and has an option to set this up to help on coming drivers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not seeing what I thought I had :-( Only think I see is Highbeam assist - Assist in reducing the high beam glare which affects drivers in oncoming vehicles - thinking I mixed the two up. Wife drove it in the dark last night and was thinking it's very spooky in low beams the way it cuts off...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts