Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SEL AWD
240 Posts
Just wondering, has anyone with an sel premium tried to unlock any of the limited functions on there
digital instrument cluster

?
A lot of the hardware is only on the Limited. The other trims can't support things like surround view monitor and smart cruise control. Honestly not sure what there is to unlock.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Anyone seen any mods to allow custom wallpapers or start up screens? Custom speedo and tach?
These interfaces and screens are very much locked down and difficult to hack as they are an embedded and secure OS. So if the UI doesn't have an "upload" button for a wallpaper then you ain't getting anything in there. It's not like copying a JPG into the right folder will make it work ;)

·
Registered
Limited
314 Posts
There is aftermarket software available for coding features on certain brands & vehicles. As well as unlocking features otherwise not available on lower-end models. Like FORScan for Ford & Mazda vehicles. Or Carly for BMW. But these should be used with caution. As if you have any issues, it could mean a costly re-programming by the manufacturer and voiding of warranty on systems if the software were found to cause issues.

I am not sure Hyundai/Kia vehicles have anything available to them. But I have not looked into it either.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz 22' SEL AWD w/ Activity Package (Hampton Gray)
122 Posts
On my old Ioniq I could use a picture as wallpaper on the infotainment screen from a usb.. but only if the car was in park. I had to custom size it so if fit perfectly. Tr

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Seems like a giant miss by the manufacturer to allow us to customize the vehicle further to our liking.
Counter point: can you imagine the troubleshooting nightmare if every SC had a different, unique, customized dash display? :unsure: It would be nice if they allowed a static wallpaper for the radio at least.

·
Registered
Limited
314 Posts
HiCOM is the OBD diagnostic tool for Hyundai/Kia. Not sure how to get it or if it will open the door to hacking features like Forscan.
I did a quick search and didn't find much info on this. But it seems to be a diagnostic tool. It mentions coding but the instructions don't show anything at all. And a quick google search didn't find anything.

FORScan is amazing and easy to use. I also have used the app version of Carly for y BMW. Easy as can be. It's nice for basic stuff like the number of wiper wipes with the mist function, beeps when locking and unlocking with the fob, daytime running light changes, etc. Or major stuff like enabling the GOAT modes, automatic headlights/high beams, and other items not enabled on different trims.

Fingers crossed at some point someone comes up with coding software for Hyundai/Kia products.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Counter point: can you imagine the troubleshooting nightmare if every SC had a different, unique, customized dash display? :unsure: It would be nice if they allowed a static wallpaper for the radio at least.
That's literally what I meant. Different wallpapers, maybe a few different icon sets. Not completely custom craziness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts