Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a DCT issue or what it is I will be taking the truck into the dealer but of course it didn't throw any codes so this could be normal i'm not to sure never owned a DCT before

So as the wife was going up a hill and I was on the phone with her she said the truck rev up from 2k to 3k then back down to 1.5k and back up to 3k and again a other 2 times all in about 5 to 6 seconds like it was hunting for gears and couldn't find out what gear now she was pushing on the gas in these 6 seconds and let off after she seen this happen she was a bit weird out by it and so I'm I she did make it to work and didn't have anymore issues

Now when she was going home she said the engine didn't sound normal she said it sounded a bit louder but she didn't really do anything just kind of said whatever now when she was driving home she said that the truck was kind of pulsing when she was coming to a stop she said it wasn't the brakes but more felt like engine braking I'm not sure if this is normal so any feedback would be awesome I'm gonna take the truck out this weekend and take it for a bit of a drive and see if it dose it again we are at 2500KM and we haven't done its oil change yet was going to do it at 3000KM

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Definitely take to dealer, had dry DCT replaced on my old Veloster. It would hesitate and rev up and down when trying accelerate. it never showed any warning lights etc…
Also, my daughter once hit the paddle shifter by mistake, she didn’t know what was going on and called confused about the engine revving.

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I think it needs to be looked at there's a couple of issue already that need to be looked at as well something with our radar and the paint chipped Like I said ill take it for a ride tomorrow myself so i can feel it out and see if I can get it to do it again

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
If in doubt, to the dealer! That's what our warranties are for. I wouldn't think it's a mistaken tap of the paddles though, or it wouldn't have upshifted again. Condensation freezing up electronics maybe? Either way, shouldn't happen. Get it checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts