Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
Black Limited
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dreaded DCT issue just caught up with me yesterday! Luckily, I was at a small town intersection and just would not go after the stop. Tried everything but no go. I happened upon a good sumaritan that pulled me off the road into a parking lot. Called Blue-link and was on hold for 20 min and finally gave up. Called AAA and they dispatched a truck (that took 4 hrs to get 10 miles)! They took it to a dealership and I saw it this morning park outside there but the service dept doesn't work weekends and won't open until Monday. So now I'll just have to wait and see whats next.
Luckily I still have my trusty '03 Baja and can drive it while I'm out of my SC. Here's the error that popped up. In case it's going to be a month or more, those that complained to Hyundai directly to speed things up, what number/department did you call to get things going? Hate to be out of commission for a month or more!

Blue Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Font

· Registered
2022 SEL Sage Gray (non turbo)
375 Posts
Ahh man…… that sucks right out loud! How disappointing to be in that situation.

I read where Hyundai set aside $2B (billion) for expected build/service issues. Hopefully, you’ll have resolution to the horrible new vehicle experience.

Wishing you the best.
Gusto!

· Registered
200 Posts
The dreaded DCT issue just caught up with me yesterday! Luckily, I was at a small town intersection and just would not go after the stop. Tried everything but no go. I happened upon a good sumaritan that pulled me off the road into a parking lot. Called Blue-link and was on hold for 20 min and finally gave up. Called AAA and they dispatched a truck (that took 4 hrs to get 10 miles)! They took it to a dealership and I saw it this morning park outside there but the service dept doesn't work weekends and won't open until Monday. So now I'll just have to wait and see whats next.
Luckily I still have my trusty '03 Baja and can drive it while I'm out of my SC. Here's the error that popped up. In case it's going to be a month or more, those that complained to Hyundai directly to speed things up, what number/department did you call to get things going? Hate to be out of commission for a month or more!

View attachment 14814
Was your VIN included in the recall?

Wishing you the best through these troubled times!

· Administrator
431 Posts
@Innate, do you regret trading your Ridgeline for a Santa Cruz now?

· Registered
200 Posts

You are just brutal this morning... Heading out to church?

· Administrator
431 Posts
You are just brutal this morning... Heading out to church?
Maybe it's because I haven't had my brunch ****tails yet. :)

On a more serious note (even though I am head to brunch soon), I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: Apparently, you can't say "kawk" here, so that's supposed to be "brunch kawktails" or "c0cktails" or "(o(ktails"...you get the idea. :D

· Registered
200 Posts
Maybe it's because I haven't had my brunch ****tails yet. :)

On a more serious note (even though I am head to brunch soon), I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: Apparently, you can't say "kawk" here, so that's supposed to be "brunch kawktails" or "c0cktails" or "(o(ktails"...you get the idea. :D
Well if you ever do end up in a church, You'll probably be there for awhile lol, let us know so we can bid you farewell, i might be dead before you get out of there!

· Registered
Black Limited
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Nope, glad I did and never looked back! If this is the worse thing that ever happens, I won't sweat it. Would be nice to get a new tranny though. Saves me having to change the fluid!!!
🙃

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Nope, glad I did and never looked back! If this is the worse thing that ever happens, I won't sweat it. Would be nice to get a new tranny though. Saves me having to change the fluid!!!
🙃
Sucks this happened.
Hope you get a quick resolution.
I’ve had my DCT on my 2019 Veloster Turbo replaced under warranty at 60,000km - have to admit, I wasn’t easy on it. No issues with Hyundai and it ran better after getting a brand new DCT

· Registered
37 Posts
That’s correct, but Hyundai has yet to indicate more VINs may have the same transmission defect/problem or whatever you want to call it. I’m no mechanic but I find it odd that the entire transmission needs to be replaced due to single part, but again, someone with better knowledge would understand it better.

If owners are experiencing delays now with repair, imagine once the letters go out and those owners start pursuing transmission replacement.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts