Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my local dealers today to see if anything had come in for me to test drive and after a 15 minute conversation of him telling me that the new "special edition was on its way in RED" and me telling him trust me I am on every forum there is there is no red, I finally realized he was talking about a Santa Fe and not my unicorn Santa Cruz.

Oh well, I got excited there for a hot second thinking I had some sort of insider information. What a let down!!!! LOL

·
Registered
652 Posts
Why Hyundai decided to choose such an obviously confusing model name is one of life's mysteries -- they could/should have called it the "Ventura."

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why Hyundai decided to choose such an obviously confusing model name is one of life's mysteries -- they could/should have called it the "Ventura."
Pontiac (GM) already had that name.

But I agree that Santa Cruz is less than optimal as a name.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Haha! Oh, the memories of my brother's old 73 Ventura!! First car I ever drove on the highway ... a year before I turned 16 and had a license. I was headed out of province with one of my brothers to pick up his girlfriend and newborn daughter from the hospital. He kept falling asleep at the wheel so I told him to get out and let me drive. Man, that car was a blast. First vehicle I ever rebuilt a carburetor on too ... Rochester Quadrajet. They ran that thing for YEARS!! (So I must have done alright on the rebuild.) Good times. :)

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Those carbs were not an easy rebuild! Had one on my first car 68 Olds Delmont 88. 455 4bbl….
I did pretty good for a 12 year old. :p It was just on a run of the mill 350 in the Anticop though. (Fun with rearranging the letters of Pontiac.)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
87 Posts
Ventura is an old Pontiac name and is probably still a GM trademark.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ventura is an old Pontiac name and is probably still a GM trademark.
Well, I suppose that goes for "Edsel" too.
How about "Nirvana?" Or, maybe... "Valhalla?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts