Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have Hyundai’s vehicle search through the concierge program i have been keeping tabs on my area. I “reserved” a limited stone blue which popped up on the list at the dealer I selected. When I called today to see when it was coming in they told me that this model would be a test drive vehicle and they wouldn’t be selling it. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Now that we have Hyundai’s vehicle search through the concierge program i have been keeping tabs on my area. I “reserved” a limited stone blue which popped up on the list at the dealer I selected. When I called today to see when it was coming in they told me that this model would be a test drive vehicle and they wouldn’t be selling it. Has anyone else experienced this?
If the car belongs to Hyundai Corporate then yes, I think someone else tried to buy one and dealer said it belongs to HMA so must be for demo only

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would make sense. I guess I’ll wait to test drive it then go find another one if they won’t sell it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If it belongs to Hyundai, it wouldn't be showing up on the list with the dealer name. Sometimes with a new model, dealers will want to keep the first one for test drives so that they have one available at all times. Once they get additional units in then they will usually sell it - just leaving one on hand at all times.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
272 Posts
Yes, the dealer I choose initially via the reservation system 'claimed' Hyundai told them that first one had to be a demo. I found that claim dubious since they're the only dealer I spoke to that said that. They offered to order one to my specifications but it would've taken months to get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the dealer I choose initially via the reservation system 'claimed' Hyundai told them that first one had to be a demo. I found that claim dubious since they're the only dealer I spoke to that said that. They offered to order one to my specifications but it would've taken months to get it.
So the interesting thing is they told me they couldn’t order me one if I want to buy it either. They would have to wait for one to arrive and no guarantee on the trim/color

·
Registered
350 Posts
So the interesting thing is they told me they couldn’t order me one if I want to buy it either. They would have to wait for one to arrive and no guarantee on the trim/color
Technically they can't specifically order it for you like a domestic brand regularly does. BUT they can put in a sold request for what you want - just no guarantees when or if it will get filled. Either they're lazy, clueless or a bit of both.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'd recommend you move on to a different dealer. It doesn't sound like they're willing to do what it takes to earn your business.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes Green Bay wi..has a black one coming..they also said it’s not for sale till they get more..
so I ordered a white one

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer and Hyundai is now taking allocations as of today. They got the exact car I wanted ordered and said it would be 4-6 weeks.
That's good news. If they follow through on this it should quieten the complainers. Then again I won't hold my breath waiting for the complainers to quit complaining. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts