Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This just popped up on a search. Says Premieres in 3 hours July 29 @ 9:00am (PST?)

Don't know what conclusion they will reach... We will see soon.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
The title might better read: DEBATE: Will the Ford Maverick have less depreciation than the Hyundai Santa Cruz? Or: DEBATE: Will the Ford Maverick hold it's value better than the Hyundai Santa Cruz?

I think it will be a fairly close race to the bottom, as far as value in 5 years, assuming the chip shortage resolves itself. Thank you for sharing, I will try to watch.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Seems to be pretty even (based on this ONE source), but I assume Ford will have an edge since Hyundai is known as a value brand thus people expect them to be cheaper. Perception is, or becomes, reality in many cases.

I added BMW (terrible) and Toyota (excellent) to the chart for comparison.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the base XL Maverick will hold its value like a Pinto. I'm curious to see how the SC base models in the US hold value vs. the loaded AWD trims. With the Limited (Ultimate in Canada) being put out at such relatively low volumes, they may hold their value better than the more 'common' models. Should be interesting. I'm not worried a lick about Hyundai quality. I'm four times more worried about our Equinox lasting until it's paid for than the Santa Cruz - even as a 1st generation model.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't believe what they state it all boils down to in the beginning of that video...

IMHO price and financing isn't the main factor at all. "Your" preferred style and "your" need functionality are REQUIRED, prior to considering price. No price would sway me away from "personal style and needs"; nor would MPG's.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the base XL Maverick will hold its value like a Pinto. I'm curious to see how the SC base models in the US hold value vs. the loaded AWD trims. With the Limited (Ultimate in Canada) being put out at such relatively low volumes, they may hold their value better than the more 'common' models. Should be interesting. I'm not worried a lick about Hyundai quality. I'm four times more worried about our Equinox lasting until it's paid for than the Santa Cruz - even as a 1st generation model.
The extremely low volumes of the Limited trim being produced is probably due in part because of the chip shortage. All those fancy electronics need chips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts