Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Florida. It gets HOT down here! But, I have a quandary.

I've learned my lesson about dark cars and dark interiors. Burned my bum a buncha times! o_O

So my initial plan was to get a white exterior SC SEL Premium with gray interior. White would match our boat. I test drove a white one and was very happy with the trucklet overall. But, it had a black interior and so I passed.

And I've learned about the Sage Gray, which can look light pale green sometimes. At least in photos online. I've not seen one in person. And the pale green matches my house. Plus, I actually like that color a lot. I've seen the Sage Green with gray interior advertised online, so that would work I think.

The white matches the boat. The green matches the house. Both are great colors.

Anyone have any downsides to either color? :unsure:

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
I live in Nevada....the asphalt melts out here in the summer time ( 107 at my house today) ...suggest you rethink your choice between cloth vs leather (interior) regardless of the color ...leather/vinyl always cooks out here even with dark tinted windows ( I believe 35% tint on front windows only and anything goes on the back windows out here) ...I'm looking at white limited, but gotta get over the leather interior and no-knob dash....I need to re-evaluate SEL Premium vs Limited....do I really need all the extra features on the limited???....(how good are the cooled seats?....from what I understand on this forum, they only have a fan circulating cabin air....leather takes awhile to cool off...especially with the day time temps we see out here) my old Frontier (2006) is white with a grey cloth interior and has held up well for so far. ( no burned butts) ....need to see the green exterior in person as it's looks a little too much Army green to me...now if I was to find a TAN SEL premium ...it might change my mind from white ( the tan with black accents looks pretty good IMO) ....best of luck on your decision!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Nevada....the asphalt melts out here in the summer time ( 107 at my house today) ...suggest you rethink your choice between cloth vs leather (interior) regardless of the color ...leather/vinyl always cooks out here even with dark tinted windows ( I believe 35% tint on front windows only and anything goes on the back windows out here) ...I'm looking at white limited, but gotta get over the leather interior and no-knob dash....I need to re-evaluate SEL Premium vs Limited....do I really need all the extra features on the limited???....(how good are the cooled seats?....from what I understand on this forum, they only have a fan circulating cabin air....leather takes awhile to cool off...especially with the day time temps we see out here) my old Frontier (2006) is white with a grey cloth interior and has held up well for so far. ( no burned butts) ....need to see the green exterior in person as it's looks a little too much Army green to me...now if I was to find a TAN SEL premium ...it might change my mind from white ( the tan with black accents looks pretty good IMO) ....best of luck on your decision!
Nope, I don't want leather. Never said I did. ;)

The Limited has rear AC ducting which isn't available in the lower trim levels and I'm being urged by my wife and the boy to have that option. But I'm alone in the car 99% of the time, so unless a screaming good Limited deal comes along, I'll stick with the Premium.

·
Registered
668 Posts
In my experience black leather/vinyl are the hottest, then comes other colors of leather/vinyl. I haven't noticed much difference in the heat factor of cloth seats. Even the black seem to be much cooler than leather/vinyl of any color. The more cotton in the seat cloth the cooler, so some cloth seats can get hot if they have plastic like synthetic thread material.

I prefer the black cloth over the light gray simply because the black doesn't show dirt or stains as much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
With the Bluelink app, you can pre-cool your SC with the AC and ventilated seats to minimize the burning of butts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! I'm still searching.

And neither of my choices are in Florida, so I'd have to travel out of state in order to make a purchase. The nearest White SC is over 400 miles away and the nearest Sage Gray is over 1,000 miles from me.

I really, really like this one but it's in California. And although one-way airfare is really cheap ($84), I dunno about going that far to get a car. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
793 Posts
I really, really like this one but it's in California. And although one-way airfare is really cheap ($84), I dunno about going that far to get a car. 🤷‍♂️
That would be a major haul. I've bought in NJ and driven back to FL before, which was about 1,700 miles and only required one overnight stay. However that was used vehicle that was already broken in, for a new vehicle I'd try to stick to something within 500 miles.

As for color - white and black are on my never again list, but color is a very personal choice. The problem with white I have is: 1) it looks like a fleet vehicle and 2) the color never pops. My wife had a pearl white Volvo and I would finish waxing it yet you couldn't tell at all. Other colors tend to become enhanced with a nice shiny coat of wax but white always looks dull to me.

Good luck on your hunt regardless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be a major haul. I've bought in NJ and driven back to FL before, which was about 1,700 miles and only required one overnight stay. However that was used vehicle that was already broken in, for a new vehicle I'd try to stick to something within 500 miles.

As for color - white and black are on my never again list, but color is a very personal choice. The problem with white I have is: 1) it looks like a fleet vehicle and 2) the color never pops. My wife had a pearl white Volvo and I would finish waxing it yet you couldn't tell at all. Other colors tend to become enhanced with a nice shiny coat of wax but white always looks dull to me.

Good luck on your hunt regardless.
Yep, your points are good, which is why I'm hesitant.

Now, if the SC were available in a Pearl White with a light tan interior, I'd be all over that!

White for me is all about matching our boats and staying cooler. We test drove a white SEL Premium and it was nice, but the extra heat from the black interior could be felt.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
I'm biased to the Sage Grey, because that's what I ordered. LOL I'm also anti black and white because there are so many of them out there. I'd rather have a super bright color, but I'll settle for subtle in this case.

·
Registered
793 Posts
We test drove a white SEL Premium and it was nice, but the extra heat from the black interior could be felt.
I wish the dark gray interior was lighter... as is (in pictures at least) its too close to black for me I was expecting a bigger difference. As @deznut2 said the gray cloth would be the best non-butt-burning interior. I ordered my current truck with gray cloth for this exact reason (being in FL too). However you can't mix-n-match interiors in the SC so I'm stuck with black leather. Maybe some seat covers? The remote start and cooled seats plus tinted windows should help.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
81 Posts
I'm not a white-vehicle guy, but I have to say the SC looks good in white, with its black cladding and trim. It just kinda sits there and glows in the sunlight. :)

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks all! I'm still searching.

And neither of my choices are in Florida, so I'd have to travel out of state in order to make a purchase. The nearest White SC is over 400 miles away and the nearest Sage Gray is over 1,000 miles from me.

You don't want to make that trip unless you've worked out price up front and paid for the SC before you leave. That's one of the biggest stealerships out in CA; THOUSANDS in markup!

Finding your desired color and trim is only half the battle. Then you have to check the price 😱 and work everything out over the phone and email at a distance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You don't want to make that trip unless you've worked out price up front and paid for the SC before you leave. That's one of the biggest stealerships out in CA; THOUSANDS in markup!

Finding your desired color and trim is only half the battle. Then you have to check the price 😱 and work everything out over the phone and email at a distance.
Yup. All that goes without saying.

I have my Sportage for sale and once that goes, I'll be moving forward as quickly as I can, once I find what I want. There have been a couple of Sage Gray SCs which have come and gone here. The same for the White. There's currently a White one with gray interior available but I don't know how long it'll last. It may be gone before my Sportage sells.

With all the good news that the SC is receiving, they could be sucked up even faster. It might be awhile before I'm actually able to get one. :sneaky:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think most or all of the colors are extra
Nope only Sage. My guess - its was voted as most popular when all the colors were shown plus its the launch color used in all the promos.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Weird. Sage Grey is only $200 in Canada. Everything is just a little different up here, eh?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts