Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a very satisfied Subaru owner (multiple vehicles over decades). I also was a big Honda guy. This is the FIRST Hyundai vehicle that has caught my attention. Is the fit/finish, technical , reliability of this platform equal to those brands? Are the dealers good?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am a very satisfied Subaru owner (multiple vehicles over decades). I also was a big Honda guy. This is the FIRST Hyundai vehicle that has caught my attention. Is the fit/finish, technical , reliability of this platform equal to those brands? Are the dealers good?
It`s a great vehicle. I bought the first one and now my wife also owns one .................There you go.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Never owned Subaru, purposely stayed away from them.
Honda Fan Boy here, owned just about every model except the Ridgeline (Don’t like trucks lol) since the mid 80s - not a single one gave me any issues and I’ve put over 300,000km on one and over200,000km on multiple
Second Hyundai now, first one had DCT replace under warranty, traded it in for SC… time will tell, but no issues this far…

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are few products on my 5-star rating...

1. Garmin fenix 6x multi-sport watch
2. Hyundai Santa Cruz
3. Roku

I've done nearly everything that SC is made for. I love it. My son owns the 2022 Subaru Outback. It's a great car for a 23 yo. who is an adventurer like his dad.

Scuba dive trips, ski/snowboard, surfboard, kayak, SUP, rock climbing, backpacking, hauled crab traps, carry six 40-lb potassium chloride with ease, mountain bikes, hunting gear, fishing gear, towed campers, helped two moves, hauled heavy machinery with the tailgate down, party with the ice chest, slept on the truck bed, road trips, etc.

It's fast, has great handling, and looks great. After 6 months of ownership, it still is a head turner and ladies compliment it frequently as do some guys. Drivers with Tacoma, Tundra, Ranger, Canyon, Titan, etc. check it out and sometimes give a nod. LOL.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited
14 Posts
Here is my Subaru ownership history:

2006 Outback
2013 BRZ
2014 Crosstrek
2017 Forester
2021 Legacy

I sold my new Legacy (and a 2015 GMC Sierra) for a Santa Cruz - one vehicle to do it all. I really like Subaru's, but the Santa Cruz is just a better riding, better thought-out vehicle. I will also say that the safety technology is well thought out and not as obtrusive as Eyesight. As to quality...only time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts