Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Curious if your SC was on Chuck's list? FWD or AWD?

I briefly looked and didn't see that configuration for Florida anywhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think his list includes ones already attached to existing orders, at least thats how i read it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Curious if your SC was on Chuck's list? FWD or AWD?

I briefly looked and didn't see that configuration for Florida anywhere.
I am buying a Limited from Homer Skelton in Olive Branch MS (White with gray/orange), but the VIN on the document in our forum does not match the one they have either. Not above MSRP.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My dealer has been top notch with this whole process so far! Will see once i go to sign on the dotted line!
DITTO!

Why anyone would cancel their $100 Insider Reservation at this point is beyond me, unless they absolutely know they don't want a Santa Cruz. That $100 automatically gets refunded to your account at the end of October if you don't buy a vehicle.

I have to wonder what the motive is for people trying to get others to cancel their vehicle? Could it be that they want more selection for finding theirs? ;) People are here because they want to buy a Santa Cruz.

My advice is, don't cancel your Insider Reservations this close to vehicles arriving unless you have moved on to buying something else. The Santa Cruz's will clearly be hitting dealerships in August-September-October and getting one early at MSRP is like getting a discount (time is money!).

·
Registered
221 Posts
DITTO!

Why anyone would cancel their $100 Insider Reservation at this point is beyond me, unless they absolutely know they don't want a Santa Cruz. That $100 automatically gets refunded to your account at the end of October if you don't buy a vehicle.

I have to wonder what the motive is for people trying to get others to cancel their vehicle? Could it be that they want more selection for finding theirs? ;) People are here because they want to buy a Santa Cruz.

My advice is, don't cancel your Insider Reservations this close to vehicles arriving unless you have moved on to buying something else. The Santa Cruz's will clearly be hitting dealerships in August-September-October and getting one early at MSRP is like getting a discount (time is money!).
Cancelled because at this point I absolutely don't want to buy a Santa Cruz. Do enjoy this forum though and looking forward to owner experiences.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
Hi I'm a newly registered member but have been reading the forums for several weeks. I just placed a deposit on a Hampton Gray/Black SEL with Activity package and several other options (most of which I really don't need) but I am fine with the final price so I pulled the trigger. Please excuse me if this document has been posted but I haven't seen it. It can be very helpful if you are trying to find a dealer to get you a SC quickly.

The first dealer I contacted said they were only getting 1 SC and it had to be a demo. I found another dealer on the list that was even closer to me that had 2 SC's coming. I was able to put down a deposit on SC #147 which they said should arrive in 2 weeks.

This document is a list of Santa Curz's on order by US Hyundai dealers. It has tabs ordered by State and Model as well as State and Dealer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dTimlI6KIp1Y_hkJEtWUQLGx6Lu8sGfQkJhRYkr5ZpHOo

*** I just now found Chuck's list which is the same as what I posted above. I am sorry about that.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Is there a list for Canada?
Doubtful - they STILL haven't even updated the Canadian website with pricing after driving.ca released it last week! I think they're doing the US rollout before they ever start shipping anything north. I'm HOPING to see one in September. I can't envision it happening in August at this point.

Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doubtful - they STILL haven't even updated the Canadian website with pricing after driving.ca released it last week! I think they're doing the US rollout before they ever start shipping anything north. I'm HOPING to see one in September. I can't envision it happening in August at this point.
my dealer here in Ottawa assured me that I’ll have my ultimate black SC by mid to late August. We’ll see I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!! I would LOVE to have it in my driveway before Labour Day, but realistically, I'll be okay as long as I have it by the end of September. You may also have the 'black advantage' ... because black and white seem to be about 80% of what's being produced. I won't settle for less than the Sage Grey with two-tone interior on my Ultimate. No compromises on this one. I plan on owning it until it falls apart or explodes. Or they make something cooler in 8-10 years. We tend to hold onto our vehicles long-term. My old truck was intended to last "two or three years" and I've had it for 7 now. LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!! I would LOVE to have it in my driveway before Labour Day, but realistically, I'll be okay as long as I have it by the end of September. You may also have the 'black advantage' ... because black and white seem to be about 80% of what's being produced. I won't settle for less than the Sage Grey with two-tone interior on my Ultimate. No compromises on this one. I plan on owning it until it falls apart or explodes. Or they make something cooler in 8-10 years. We tend to hold onto our vehicles long-term. My old truck was intended to last "two or three years" and I've had it for 7 now. LOL
[/QUOTE

I agree, plan on keeping this till i go! 60yo so you never know!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
We tend to hold onto our vehicles long-term. My old truck was intended to last "two or three years" and I've had it for 7 now. LOL
Going on 20 years with my truck (but it only has 120K miles). 10 years ago I considering something new but nothing stood out as a decent replacement. The Dakota just keeps chugging along. Since its my tow vehicle and not a daily driver it is hard to justify making payments on a new vehicle that sits 80% of the time. Recently the suspension wear and tear has become an issue with tie rod and bearing replacements required, but nothing else is wrong with it. I patched up some rust in the rear wheel wells myself but the interior is fine and mechanically its perfect.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Going on 20 years with my truck (but it only has 120K miles). 10 years ago I considering something new but nothing stood out as a decent replacement. The Dakota just keeps chugging along. Since its my tow vehicle and not a daily driver it is hard to justify making payments on a new vehicle that sits 80% of the time. Recently the suspension wear and tear has become an issue with tie rod and bearing replacements required, but nothing else is wrong with it. I patched up some rust in the rear wheel wells myself but the interior is fine and mechanically its perfect.
Never owned a pick up but have always wanted one. Getting ready for retirement and want yo be able to tow a small camper
Been a Hyundai owner 2x and been very happy with them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts