Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new 2022 Santa Cruz did not adjust for the fall back one hour this weekend.

We had to adjust manually by turning off the GPS time. When the GPS time was turned back on the time went forward an hour to the wrong time again so GPS time was again turned off and the time change was again entered manually.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
65 Posts
Our new 2022 Santa Cruz did not adjust for the fall back one hour this weekend.

We had to adjust manually by turning off the GPS time. When the GPS time was turned back on the time went forward an hour to the wrong time again so GPS time was again turned off and the time change was again entered manually.
It won’t adjust automatically.

You want “GPS time” to be selected (that will get you in the correct time zone).

Then, you want to make sure the “daylight savings time” box is checked or unchecked appropriately depending on the time of year. We are now back in standard time, that box should be unchecked. Come March, you’ll go back in and check it again to move the time forward an hour. Next fall, go back in and uncheck it to move it back an hour. Etc…

·
Registered
382 Posts
Every car I've ever had that has this feature relies on the user to still toggle the Daylight Savings Time selection on or off. Even my Seiko Astron is the same way. I think this is partially because some places observe DST, and some places don't -- and it's also not always the same year-to-year (ex. Indiana started mostly observing EDT/EST in 2006, but before that, most of Indiana was EST). Now to remember where that button is.... ;-)

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
65 Posts
Every car I've ever had that has this feature relies on the user to still toggle the Daylight Savings Time selection on or off. Even my Seiko Astron is the same way. I think this is partially because some places observe DST, and some places don't -- and it's also not always the same year-to-year (ex. Indiana started mostly observing EDT/EST in 2006, but before that, most of Indiana was EST). Now to remember where that button is.... ;-)
You just tap on the clock at the top of the screen. That’ll take you to the time settings.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You will once you start realizing you're running an hour late on everything. :oops:
You know, I initially wrote that like I was kidding, and yesterday I realized that I have driven at least five times and have failed to remember to adjust the clock still!!! lol So, here we are, Tuesday, and my clock is still wrong....oh well, maybe I'll remember on Thursday. hahahahaha

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Each of the more than dozen automobiles I've owned with built-in navigation has automatically adjusted for Daylight Saving Time. One of them required a software update to accommodate the extension that went into effect in 2005.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
It's a minor inconvenience. But on the models with bluelink the truck is essentially a wireless device with a data plan no different then your cell phone, there is no reason it shouldn't automatically do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.