Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the Raceface T2 (mid-size size) and it fit alright but maybe slightly too big. Also, given how you cannot fit 5 bikes in the back with the tonneau cover you will never fully use it.
Plant Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Also got an evoc duo tailgate pad. Only meant for two bikes and much quicker to install as it only has two straps instead of four. Also small enough to store in the bed trunk when not in use.
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good thread start....

I will contribute more on Saturday as well.

I have incoming this week the FOX Overland tailgate pad in size medium.
  • Mid size tailgate pad is 57
  • Designed for small and mid size trucks (Tacoma, Frontier etc)
If it does not fit well, then a 'half' pad is in my SC future.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
28 Posts
I had purchased this generic tailgate pad on Amazon. It was 52 inches wide which was perfect for the Santa Cruz.
Sky Tent Motor vehicle Black Tarpaulin

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thread start....

I will contribute more on Saturday as well.

I have incoming this week the FOX Overland tailgate pad in size medium.
  • Mid size tailgate pad is 57
  • Designed for small and mid size trucks (Tacoma, Frontier etc)
If it does not fit well, then a 'half' pad is in my SC future.
57"! that is huge for the SC. Not sure how they are measuring it. The Raceface T2 in mid-size size (Tacoma/similar) is 51.5 in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Bought this one from Amazon for $30. The pole on the picture is 8 feet long and it's all the way forward against the front. The straps on the pad could be a little longer as they just reach with about two inches to spare but for the price it's okay
Automotive tire Trunk Bumper Wood Fender

Hood Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone tried a MTB Latchit Rack on their Santa Cruz in place of a MTB tailgate pad?

Latchit Rack

Curious if they fit properly and lock on easily?
I have not. I thought about the Latchit but I like the idea of being able to use the back-up camera like you can with some tailgate pads.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have not. I thought about the Latchit but I like the idea of being able to use the back-up camera like you can with some tailgate pads.
Good point. I didn't think about that. My current ride doesn't have a backup camera.

I'm thinking the Latchit Rack can also act a bed extender when needed. The two sides are a bit open, but that can be easily remedied depending on what you are hauling.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It is the oversized Kamp-Rite Cot Tent. It is not the double or two person version. It is on a platform of 2 cut 2x6 with 4 ubolts to hold the legs in place 👍
View attachment 2458
Would you mind posting a few more pics of how it's set up? Wondering about how you have the legs hooked in

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
28 Posts
Would you mind posting a few more pics of how it's set up? Wondering about how you have the legs hooked in

Thanks in advance
Here is a closer view of the u-bolts. I have them on all 4 corners of the cot tent. It's plenty stable. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just set it up tonight testing some recent mods before I take it camping. Thx for asking!
Wood Musical instrument accessory Table Hardwood Wood stain
Hood Automotive lighting Shade Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tried the Raceface T2 (mid-size size) and it fit alright but maybe slightly too big. Also, given how you cannot fit 5 bikes in the back with the tonneau cover you will never fully use it.
View attachment 2398

Also got an evoc duo tailgate pad. Only meant for two bikes and much quicker to install as it only has two straps instead of four. Also small enough to store in the bed trunk when not in use.
View attachment 2400
Have you tried to EVOC out yet? From what I saw on Youtube its great for one bike, but its not enough protection for 2 bikes because of the tires and how narrow the pad actually is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you tried to EVOC out yet? From what I saw on Youtube its great for one bike, but its not enough protection for 2 bikes because of the tires and how narrow the pad actually is.
Yes. I like EVOC's. Just never ride alone, always with a buddy.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts