Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody discovered a way to replace the MPG bar with other (more useful) information?

OR, the radio vacuum tube graphics with better info like channel / artist / song

The more I try to use Sirius Radio, the more I am finding the SC infotainment is very lacking… **Using Apple Maps leaves you -0- entertainment information anywhere requiring switching back and forth on a sheet of glass. Very weak…

Speedometer Plant Car Blue Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle audio

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
67 Posts
**Using Apple Maps leaves you -0- entertainment information anywhere requiring switching back and forth on a sheet of glass.
If you want, you can always change your CarPlay to show in split screen so it only takes up 2/3 of the display… you can then use that other 1/3 to show your radio information if that’s what you want. Of course, then you won’t be able to use the full screen for CarPlay, but you do have this option available.

If you don’t know how, you would unplug your phone, go to setup > device connections > CarPlay and check the box to enable split screen.

You might actually like this because the radio display in the 1/3 split has just the info that you want and no stylized tubes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you want, you can always change your CarPlay to show in split screen so it only takes up 2/3 of the display… you can then use that other 1/3 to show your radio information if that’s what you want. Of course, then you won’t be able to use the full screen for CarPlay, but you do have this option available.

If you don’t know how, you would unplug your phone, go to setup > device connections > CarPlay and check the box to enable split screen.

You might actually like this because the radio display in the 1/3 split has just the info that you want and no stylized tubes.

Thank you very much for your reply. I consider myself the biggest geek I know and I did not catch that…

I gave it a short test and I think I’m going to need to play with it a little more to see if I can find a happy place…

* Sometimes I see song information pop up for a split second on the cluster mpg bar while changing stations. If only that information could stay there or other information. Not mpg information all the time.

These are not life’s big problems in the scheme of things 😂😂

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your reply. I consider myself the biggest geek I know and I did not catch that…

I gave it a short test and I think I’m going to need to play with it a little more to see if I can find a happy place…

* Sometimes I see song information pop up for a split second on the cluster mpg bar while changing stations. If only that information could stay there or other information. Not mpg information all the time.

These are not life’s big problems in the scheme of things 😂😂

·
Registered
515 Posts

Wonder if this works for Android too - have to go check at lunch

·
Registered
515 Posts
It does, and in fact, you definitely want to have split screen checked for AA… because it will not take up the full screen no matter what on the 10.25” display. So don’t waste that other 1/3 of the screen!
Where is that setting? I looked both on the head unit and in my phone and I don't see an option for split screen

Saw a video and now I'm wondering if this is only an option on the 10" screen. I've got the 8.5" in the SEL.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
67 Posts
Where is that setting? I looked both on the head unit and in my phone and I don't see an option for split screen

Saw a video and now I'm wondering if this is only an option on the 10" screen. I've got the 8.5" in the SEL.
It’s only on the 10.25” screen. The 8” screen you have is already in the classic aspect ratio, so there is nothing to split.

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
43 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. The music information that temporarily displays in that section instead of MPG is super helpful when the song changes but I want it to stay there! I can't seem to find any way to change what is displayed in that section, but I'm hopeful that maybe a future software update could allow us to customize it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering the same thing. The music information that temporarily displays in that section instead of MPG is super helpful when the song changes but I want it to stay there! I can't seem to find any way to change what is displayed in that section, but I'm hopeful that maybe a future software update could allow us to customize it?
I agree. I don't mind knowing what the MPG is - when I want to...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.