Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

Today we began the 2" Ready Lift for the Tucson that was communicated it would work....well guess what...IT DOES NOT FIT.

PIVOTING TO: New thread forthcoming...

*OEM wheels with Brushed On PlastiDip to cover the metal circles.
*20mm spacers all around.
*265/60R18 KO2's (only minor inside wheel well plastic trimming...NO METAL trimming needed! (y)

Stay Tuned////////

Hello SCF!:)

Incoming on my SE AWD is the following. Please let me know if you have any questions. Here to help (y)
  1. Ready Lift 2.0" SST LI LIFT
  2. Method Wheels MR501
  3. BFG KO2 245/65/17
Super excited!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
also, my tire installer told me that if I want to transfer the original TPMS sensors from the original wheels, I will need to get 4 rubber air stems for the new wheels

here is the part number 52948-L1100

I ordered 4 of them from a dealer and they are delayed for a week sadly so still can't mount new wheels and tires

However, if you want to go aftermarket TPMS sensors, maybe you won't have to just get the new TPMS sensors that integrate the air stem and put them on your method wheels and reprogram the SC to recognize those aftermarket TPMS sensors

·
Registered
617 Posts
Commenting so I get updates. I see that's a spacer kit, which makes sense as that way I assume the self-leveling shocks will not be a problem.

Probably the best choice going with an SEL too for the traditional automatic, should be friendlier for slow speed crawling, and you didn't go with ridiculously huge tires to the point the vehicle becomes really slow. I think this is going to be a really good build.

·
Registered
617 Posts
also, my tire installer told me that if I want to transfer the original TPMS sensors from the original wheels, I will need to get 4 rubber air stems for the new wheels
Do you still have time to alter your order? You could probably save money by just having your tire/wheel seller sell you a set of aftermarket TPMS and have the tires and TPMS mounted and balanced before shipping. It provides protection for the wheels during shipping, and should be cheaper than shipping the tires and wheels in separate boxes. This is what we've always done from Tirerack.

You then also have a full ready to go set of factory wheels/tires that are plug and play to use yourself (may second set for winter?) or sell without the expense of dismounting the tires to get the TPMS off and trying to sell the wheels and tires separate.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Do you still have time to alter your order? You could probably save money by just having your tire/wheel seller sell you a set of aftermarket TPMS and have the tires and TPMS mounted and balanced before shipping. It provides protection for the wheels during shipping, and should be cheaper than shipping the tires and wheels in separate boxes. This is what we've always done from Tirerack.

You then also have a full ready to go set of factory wheels/tires that are plug and play to use yourself (may second set for winter?) or sell without the expense of dismounting the tires to get the TPMS off and trying to sell the wheels and tires separate.
In hindsight that's what I should have done, too late now, the wheels and tires are just sitting in my storage unit waiting for the air stems. I was hoping to save the hassle of reprogramming TPMS by transferring but that opened another can of worm

·
Registered
617 Posts
In hindsight that's what I should have done, too late now, the wheels and tires are just sitting in my storage unit waiting for the air stems. I was hoping to save the hassle of reprogramming TPMS by transferring but that opened another can of worm
I'm not entirely sure how they work, but I've never had to program my aftermarket TPMS. When ordering from tirerack I did give my specific model, so its possible they just programmed them for me as part of their procedure. They also somehow always just work automatically and seem to know which position they are mounted to even after rotate and balance, as with one of my vehicles having much higher tire pressure for the fronts than the backs should complain every time I rotated them which it didn't. I'm guessing there is some sensor near the wheel that can proximity check which sensor is closest for the vehicles I've driven.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how they work, but I've never had to program my aftermarket TPMS. When ordering from tirerack I did give my specific model, so its possible they just programmed them for me as part of their procedure. They also somehow always just work automatically and seem to know which position they are mounted to even after rotate and balance, as with one of my vehicles having much higher tire pressure for the fronts than the backs should complain every time I rotated them which it didn't. I'm guessing there is some sensor near the wheel that can proximity check which sensor is closest for the vehicles I've driven.
I think it depends on the OEM, most American OEMs use automatic TPMS systems, that means the vehicle will assume after driving for about 15 mins the 4 sensors broadcasting tire pressure signal must be your tires. So in those systems, you don't need to do anything the vehicle will recognize the signal and work right out of box.

Some OEMs like Toyotas prior to 2019 always require a manual process of entering the sensor ID into the vehicle's on-board computer via a scan tool, and dealership charges some ridiculous labor for 5 minutes of work. This is pretty stupid because some people need to swap sets of summer wheels and winter wheels, having to re enter sensor id each year is very lame and that's why newer Toyotas now have auto signal recognition like the American OEMs

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hyundai specific yes. Yet. Actually its the Tucson ready lift kit.
So I was just curious how much it cost, and according to their website, they don't make a lift kit for the 2022 Tucson, assuming the 2022 Tucson suspension is identical enough to the SC. Did the manufacturer assure you it would fit? The 2022 Santa Cruz should share almost nothing in common with a last generation Tucson.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So I was just curious how much it cost, and according to their website, they don't make a lift kit for the 2022 Tucson, assuming the 2022 Tucson suspension is identical enough to the SC. Did the manufacturer assure you it would fit? The 2022 Santa Cruz should share almost nothing in common with a last generation Tucson.
My advice.. wait. New lift kits, not done right can cause all kinds of issues, not to mention "could void the warrentee". Being a life time Jeep owner has taught me to wait for the 2nd gen kit. A mild/puck lift might be ok, but any new true 3 or 4 inch kits need time to be tested in the real world. If you are going to be a guinie pig, get them to say that in writting and provide support if the suspention parts when they start to fail or cause other issues with alignments, tire wear, bushing wear... etc..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My advice.. wait. New lift kits, not done right can cause all kinds of issues, not to mention "could void the warrentee". Being a life time Jeep owner has taught me to wait for the 2nd gen kit. A mild/puck lift might be ok, but any new true 3 or 4 inch kits need time to be tested in the real world. If you are going to be a guinie pig, get them to say that in writting and provide support if the suspention parts when they start to fail or cause other issues with alignments, tire wear, bushing wear... etc..
I agree with LittleBokey...and is exactly what Ready Lifts are, spacers (pucks).

This manufacturer claims all that is needed post install is a laser alignment. For $399 + install and laser...with no true part swaps....may just be the secret sauce. For me anyway. YMMV

We don't need no stinking guinea pigs :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a SEL Santa Cruz. Posting this thread to get updates. Also, very interested in lifting mine as well, just not sure how it should be done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts