Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that people are taking delivery of their Limited SCs, I just noticed that no one is showing off the Remote Smart Parking Assist feature. I'm seeing it on all of the top trims of other Hyundais, but no one has made a video of their SC doing it yet:

So far I've seen it for the Nexo, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, GV70, and GV80. Its kind of neat if you park outside the garage, let everyone out or empty groceries, then just use the FOB to pull the car into the garage.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would enjoy using this... once -- just to show it off to a friend. Not looking forward to the day when everybody has this feature and traffic in busy parking lots comes to a complete standstill. OTOH, if you have limited garage space at home, it might be just what you need.

Reactions: LittleBokey

·
Registered
91 Posts
While it is a feature I could see my wife using, I am of the opinion that if I need it to ingress/engress from a parking spot, it is too tight to park in and risk door dings in the first place. 🤔

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
Now that people are taking delivery of their Limited SCs, I just noticed that no one is showing off the Remote Smart Parking Assist feature. I'm seeing it on all of the top trims of other Hyundais, but no one has made a video of their SC doing it yet:

So far I've seen it for the Nexo, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, GV70, and GV80. Its kind of neat if you park outside the garage, let everyone out or empty groceries, then just use the FOB to pull the car into the garage.
The Canadiens will probably get that feature to make us jealous. Sounds like the Ridgeline, all the other Honda models get the goodies before the Ridgeline does.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While it is a feature I could see my wife using, I am of the opinion that if I need it to ingress/engress from a parking spot, it is too tight to park in and risk door dings in the first place. 🤔
Three use cases for me:
  1. Let everyone out of car and or unpack stuff outside of the garage, and then just use your keyfob so the car can park itself so no need to get back in and park it. Ditto on reverse let the car pull itself out of the garage before you load everyone.
  2. You parked normal, but then two hours later you come back and see some jerkwad parked too close to your driver's door.
  3. You're walking up to your vehicle with a full crew in tow, and as you approach you can already get the engine started, AC blasting, and vehicle pulled out so everyone can swing their doors wide open with no risk of dinging.
I know it needs the 360 camera for this software to work, but the SC has that, so I don't understand why they put it just on the other vehicles.

Oh well, not the end of the world as I was already thinking the Limited may be more than I want to spend, but if it had these extra features I might have just bit the bullet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can see where that would be useful for you. 🤗 I also could see myself being impatient and thinking "if I have to stand here and hold this button, I could have just parked it my **** self". 🤷‍♂️🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts