Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Had another strange emergency brake issue. Parked and set the e-brake while out to lunch. Started the car and put it in reverse, but the e-brake didn't automatically release. Here is the SC in "R"everse, yet the e-brake light is still on.
View attachment 8700
I lifted my foot off the brake and the car didn't start rolling, then I noticed the red e-brake lights on the dash were still lit. Put my foot back on the brake and took a picture, then manually released the e-brake and the light went out. Lifted my foot and the SC started rolling backwards as expected. Strange. :unsure:
What did the dealer say about this?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Parking/emergency brakes, which use a seconday set of brake shoes, are self-tightening in reverse. Just apply a bit of forward thrust to take the tension off and they should easily release.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Parking/emergency brakes, which use a seconday set of brake shoes, are self-tightening in reverse. Just apply a bit of forward thrust to take the tension off and they should easily release.
Good to know. I've tried to force it to happen again, but it has been properly releasing on its' own before and after this one occasion. If it does happen again, I'll try applying a little more throttle to see if that forces release.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Parking Brake never disengaged yet no light was on the dashboard after I hit the brake pedal and applied the gas - wasted a whole day as it happened a few times, had my Santa Cruz towed to the dealer, thought it was a transmission problem ( might still be ) after a test drive Santa Cruz performed perfectly! Something is wrong with the parking brake system, I’m sure it will happen again!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts