Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Do we know what the fender flares look like yet? I might have missed the picture...
Not yet... but my current truck has them and I believe it helps keep the sides clean, plus looks cool.

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
Ahhh to be young again and not need side steps/running boards...some day you too will have worn out knees Agent Smith, plus the seat bolsters take a beating as drivers and passengers slide into that seat...my old Frontier with similar ground clearance has tube steps and after 15 years and 120K miles the seats still hold my old a$$ in place.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ahhh to be young again and not need side steps/running boards...some day you too will have worn out knees Agent Smith, plus the seat bolsters take a beating as drivers and passengers slide into that seat...my old Frontier with similar ground clearance has tube steps and after 15 years and 120K miles the seats still hold my old a$$ in place.
I have them on my truck, and they are self retracting that they go down and out enough to be useful steps. But I hate them on crossovers, at least the fixed type, as they don't stick out or down enough to be useful steps and so generally just dirty your pants. SC is about the same stance as crossovers, and so is likely to be the vestigial appearance running boards that I hate.

Good steps:

Bad steps:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Grrrr....Just the sight of those, even on a stranger's car, makes my ankles hurt. A true triumph of form over function.

Reactions: JASmith

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Why would you want side steps? The vehicle is relatively low to the ground, to the point they will just become "step over steps" that you get your pants dirty on exiting the vehicle.
true, but I see myself needing the extra height to grab things mounting on the roof rack.
I get by without steps in my Venza by opening the doors and stand on the door sill, it's pretty awkward
with the side steps, I bet I can stand with both feet on and not needing to grab onto anything

·
Registered
617 Posts
true, but I see myself needing the extra height to grab things mounting on the roof rack.
I get by without steps in my Venza by opening the doors and stand on the door sill, it's pretty awkward
with the side steps, I bet I can stand with both feet on and not needing to grab onto anything
Even my AMP steps aren't tall enough to wash the roof of my Ram, so I keep a plastic folding step in the vehicle. They are lighter, cheaper, and potentially much taller (they make them in pretty much any height you want), and could be stowed just about anywhere in the vehicle since they fold up flat (such as under the front passenger seat perhaps) and don't limit your ground clearance or get in the way when exiting the vehicle:

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Even my AMP steps aren't tall enough to wash the roof of my Ram, so I keep a plastic folding step in the vehicle. They are lighter, cheaper, and potentially much taller (they make them in pretty much any height you want), and could be stowed just about anywhere in the vehicle since they fold up flat (such as under the front passenger seat perhaps) and don't limit your ground clearance or get in the way when exiting the vehicle:
that's a good idea, side steps probably will kill 1mpg and that fuel cost adds up over time
got a link for a recommended one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts