Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hand washed and waxed it today. Five weeks and 4800 miles. Noticed the Passenger side rear door had a noticable "step" from the front to the rear. Major mismatch in alignment. Probably + 3 mm. As you pass you hand from front door panel to rear, there is a step up when you make contact with the rear door panel.Went to the drivers side to check the panel alignment. Possibly a - 2mm step down as you pass your hand between panels. WTH? Found a foam seal hanging out of the skid plate below the engine and today while cleaning the interior, I found a sheet metal screw with a blue paint check on it in the passenger floorboard.
Beginning to think I don't have to wonder about making the wrong decision over buying a Maverick. This thing thinks it is a Ford to begin with!
My previously decent gas milage is now in the dumpster as well. 馃槗

Registered
This is what I've worried about, but read an owner's review that the Maverick has large gaps in the driver's side floorboard near the door, and well as paint drips. What millage are you getting now, if you don't mind?

Registered
I found significant body panel issues with 2 of the first 3 SCs that I looked at on the lots. One was White, the other Stone Blue. Body panel alignment issues, even paint issues where certain panels were of different shades. When I picked up my Black SC, I spent quite a bit of time examining the body panel alignments. Mine have very small alignment issues, but not enough to warrant having the dealer correct them. And by getting the black color, I was confident that there were no issues with the shade coloring of the panels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.