Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Drove a Premium today

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Bansh33 
#1 ·
Really like it. Could not put a deal together at that dealership; reached out to another dealer and crossing fingers so far so good. Going there Monday. They have the exact trim and color that I want.

#2 ·
First one I test drove, I liked. Was on the fence between SC and Ridgeline. The price difference was too big to ignore and I bought the second SC I test drove. And that's because the first was a Sage, and I hate that color. If the first dealer would have had a Hampton SC Limited, I'd have likely gone with it after the first test drive. Been happy with mine since.

#3 ·
Out of curiosity what was the reason the first dealer couldn't put a deal together? The price or the color? If it was the price what were you asking for and what did they stop at? I'm curious because I was recently at a dealer and they refused to make a deal over a $200 difference. So I walked.

#5 · (Edited)
Wow. I had a ridiculous experience 12 months ago when buying mine. We were $12,500 apart on the initial deal. I was so disappointed that I started for the door. That caused an immediate $6k reduction, which I responded to by continuing to the door. I left and they called me the next day and we worked a deal out over the phone for $1500 apart. So, they came down $11k. I got a few things for my $1500 in the useless dealer package….including a locator device…..but that was a $5k package originally. I get it, they have to make money…and $1500 was close enough with my 100k mile trade in. The deal was kind of stressful…but I’m glad I got it. The SC was the color and options I wanted and had no flaws I could find. A year later (51 weeks) I’m still happy. 😊

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
I drove a Night today.

Good: Smooth, quiet, nice interior. HVAC buttons. Wireless Android Auto. Decent engine / transmission.
Bad: Numb steering, more body roll than I expected, crappy seats (hard, insufficient bolsters), step-bars robbed ground clearance and it's not like it's tall enough to need them.

Then I sat in a Limited.

Good: Awesome seats. No step-bars.
Bad: No HVAC buttons, just touch surfaces. Wired Android Auto.

So far, the SC is the best of the truck-like cars I've driven.

They gave me a lowball trade on my Audi, and we haven't done any dickering yet. I'm not sure I want to give up my much nicer SQ5 and $30k (or even $15k) for a new SC.

#9 ·
Do they work with gloves?

Hopefully it's a "set the temp and no need to mess with them" thing. Still, actual dials are better than + / - touch screen zones.

At least the frequently used things like heated seats and steering wheel are normal buttons.

My Subaru Legacy had them. It was a PITA to keep then clean (fingerprints etc).

I have decided that I'll put up with the touch screen to get the good seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.