Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait, what? The closed Tonneau can "carry" 220 lbs of "cargo", and the tailgate 500 lbs.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
Yeah, I saw the 220lb on top of the tonneau thing too. I didn't notice if there are any tiedown points on the top of the bed rails to make use of it though. Or did I miss them? Those bed rails look flat and fully covered in every video I've seen of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that too. Without tiedown points it just becomes someplace you can set things while stopped. Or maybe a work table depending on what your height is relative to its height.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Does this mean I could stand on it? I doubt it.

But, it might not collapse if you spread that weight out evenly over the entire surface area.

Sooner or later someone will try it (perhaps unintentionally) and post it on YouTube.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It appears there are two rectangular spots on the bed top edge on each side that "should" be for mounting things (most truck beds have these attachment points). Should be able to use those as tie down points for soft goods on the tonneau cover.

Sure glad to confirm the HSC tailgate can handle 500lbs. IIRC the Maverick tailgate can't handle that much and couldn't even handle two of me. I noticed on one of the Maverick videos that when the Maverick tailgate was down, only the passenger side cable stop was tight. The drivers side cable still had slack in it. What's that say about Ford quality? Was the tailgate bent? If not, it will be getting tweaked every time someone sits on that side. That's just a BIG no-no on tailgate part/assembly(?) quality.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If we saw the same video he only latch one cable to show how worked...I guess he didnt want to take the time to latch both...Also I thought I heard that the Maverick tailgate will hold 500lbs also?? I might be getting them mixed up as I watch video's from both trucks

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok I saw the little slack ? the 400lb rating is when it's in the mid position, not sure what it would be flat.... Also as we all know this is a pre-production vehicle....Heck it might not even run as this is why these guys aren't/can't drive them...
Hopefully they get the bugs out before we get our hands on them

·
Registered
509 Posts
... Hopefully they get the bugs out before we get our hands on them
I think that job (Final Quality Assurance) was delegated to the end-user sometime around 1990.

Reactions: CASD

·
Registered
237 Posts
The More and More I look at the Cruz, I want it:) hopefully they don't price me out of it...I reserved a SEL FWD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts