Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we still don't have pricing in Canada and the trims/options are very different up here vs. USA. I'm trying to get a sense of what the price will be.

To help distill it down, I'm trying this using the top model of the Santa Fe as the baseline, as what comes equipped on the base models are different as well there are differences amongst the other trim levels Canada vs. USA.

Using the top model, seems to compare spec for spec, so here goes;

Not including extra dealer fees, state/provincial taxes etc and not ticking any accessory boxes.

Santa Fe Calligraphy - $42,250 USD + $1185 freight = $43,435 Total
Santa Fe Calligraphy - $47,819 CAD + $1925 freight = $49,744 Total

Effectively a 13% premium CAD vs. USD

So using the same top model trim, not ticking any boxes. Keeping freight the same as in the Santa Fe example and adding 13% to the price of the Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz Limited AWD = $39,720 USD + $1185 freight = $40,905 USD
Santa Cruz Ultimate AWD = $44,884 CAD + $1925 freight = $46,809 CAD

Point of reference, in Canada, the base model 2022 Honda Ridgeline Sport is $45,535 + $2000 freight = $47,535

(note the Ridgeline Sport in Canada comes with more standard options than in the US, like sunroof)

So there you have it, a loaded Santa Cruz SHOULD come in slightly less than a base model Ridgeline in the Great White North.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Yeah, I was basing my guess off the Tucson pricing. Top trim vs. top trim was about a $4k spread. Applied to the US Santa Cruz prices, I figured that would put the Ultimate between $44k/45k ... so your math, although with a different base source, is almost identical. And I'm STILL weighing the things I like about the SC vs. the price after tax being about $10k more than a loaded up Maverick with all the options I'd want.

I'm still team Hyundai in the trucklet segment, but they have time to lose my sale yet!! Got my old truck in the shop right now getting the brakes fixed. I can keep feeding it gas a while longer if I need to wait out a different vehicle. It doesn't really owe me anything. If only hoses and gaskets and seals didn't fail with age. LOL Last big highway run with it was last October, towing a LOADED 16 foot U-Haul and I got 14.8l/100km (15.8mpg US) out of it. I'm still on that tank of gas, actually. Haven't driven it much this year. WORST tank I ever had from it was 9.8mpg ... January 2015. Lots of idling in cold weather on that tank. Normally average around 12/13mpg city, 17/18 on the highway. Not terrible for a 24 year old 5 litre V8!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hyundai Canada has revealed the Santa Cruz's pricing.

ModelMSRP
Santa Cruz Preferred AWD$38,499
Santa Cruz Preferred Trend AWD$41,399
Santa Cruz Ultimate AWD$44,799

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
**** Cruz'n!! You were only 20 bucks off!! Funny they put out a press release but STILL have not updated their website!! Yeesh!

At least now I can REALLY decide what I want to do. Not going to lie, I still want it. But are ventilated seats worth 3 grand to my butt? Sorry, let me rephrase that - to MY WIFE'S butt. I originally wanted the Trend, she said get the ventilated seats.

We definitely don't have the price spread the US does!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I built a Maverick that came out to $44,060 CAD = Lariat, Luxury package, Tow package, 2.0 turbo, toneau, co-pilot bedliner and sunroof. Under $1,000 difference.

If a tow hitch and 7 pin isn't included on the Hyundai, that pushes the differences higher.

Of course the Hyundai has a higher tow rating and more power. Comes with 20" wheels on the top model (which is actually a deterrent to some buyers?).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah, two BIG deterrents for me on the Ultimate are the 20" wheels and the rain sensing wipers. Wipers are one of those things that I want to control myself. Basically the ONLY reason I'm going for the Ultimate trim is my wife wants ventilated seats. Otherwise the Trend is perfect for me. Maybe I'll just have to get some 18" steel wheels for it. Heh.

The hitch will be a dealer installed option. Not sure where the wiring harness falls in there. I've already emailed my dealer with a heads up that pricing is out and I look forward to hearing from him once they can actually do anything in their system to confirm options/place an order.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
But are ventilated seats worth 3 grand to my butt? Sorry, let me rephrase that - to MY WIFE'S butt. I originally wanted the Trend, she said get the ventilated seats.
Yes, aftermarket ventilated seats like those katzkins cost $3k just for the 2 front seats
I'd ALWAYS recommend OE ventilated/heated seats over aftermarket if you need to have it

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Wife says get 'em, I get 'em. I won't stay married another 22 years if I stop listening now! LOL

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Wipers are one of those things that I want to control myself.
You say that, but I had Mazda 6 that had rain sensing wipers and I LOVED it. One of the best features on the car. Then again, I drove a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport that had the same feature and it sucked. Really depends on execution.

·
Registered
156 Posts
also, from Chuck's illustration, B is a scroller that you can fine tune the speed/frequency even if you put it in auto
so, plenty of ways to mess with it if that is your thing 🤣
Exactly how it works on my wife's Santa Fe. You can turn the Auto function completely off, but even when it's on you can adjust the sensitivity/frequency with the scroller.

It's a completely unnecessary feature -- but works pretty well!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The slippin' away thread is ringing in my ear. I went by the local Nissan store today. They said they expect Frontiers and Pathfinders in the first week of September.

At $46,700 in SV Trim, the Pathfinder looks mighty appealing. My main purchase criteria is something small to mid size that is rated to tow 5000lbs. The SV trim pathfinder brings a surround view monitor (big reason why I chose the top trim Cruz for my pre-order), panoramic roof and importantly for me, a 7 pin connection and hitch.

I can't see myself spending that same money on the Santa Cruz. I don't know if the Frontier pricing will mirror, be slightly higher or slightly lower than the Pathfinder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts