Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experimented with modding their exhaust tip? Either painting it black, or replacing/extending the tip to make it more noticeable?

·
Registered
390 Posts
First glance that image looks alot like a VW to me. Not very distinct.

I know it is a truck/car, but that image slides the dial to the car side too much I think.

Exhaust tips under the bumper is the more traditional truck look. My Jag looks alot like the image posted above. I am glad Hyundai is not chasing a pseudo sports car look for the SC.

Design not "destroyed"

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought someone posted on here that they added a dual exhaust tip extender to their exhaust. Or maybe it was on another SC message board. Anyway, I took a screenshot of it at the time. Here is the picture I captured. I think the guy said he only spent like $40-50 for the exhaust tip online and it simply clamps on.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've looked and looked, finally think I have it. I like "angular" as it fits the truck, but all the "big" truck exhaust factory type outlets are just to large and the few that were close were side specific and I don't want the complexity of duals. I beleive a late model single exhaust Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T engine is the right single exhaust tip for me. Now i just have to decide to I have a local shop bend a pipe for it and remove the rear muffler completely or just modify the existing system to hang the tip properly as is. I hit the freakin hitch regularly anyway when I'm using the truck around the fields so it would prevent messing up the pipe or bumper from smashing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts