Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first time here, I opted out of the FB group Santa Cruz owners, not my cup of tea, or whiskey, ( actually I prefer both! ) I owned a Hyundai Kona 2019, and really loved the car! I saw a Santa Cruz at our local Costco and sorry Kona, bye bye! I love the smooth ride and have taken a 14 road trip with mine. What I miss - Voice Command, a built in compass, one, not nearly enough accessories power ports, and NO WHERE TO PUT YOUR SUNGLASSES and or GLASSES in a compartment designed for that. I’m using a visor clip and that sucks, c’mon Hyundai that compartment should be standard on all the models!

·
Registered
807 Posts
It’s hit and miss with most brand these days for the sunglasses holders. Common complaint with BMW owners on some models. Have it on my current Hyundai and not on my Toyota or Honda.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have voice commands for lots of things. Press the button on the steering wheel. Maybe that's only a limited edition feature?
One of the displays between the speed and tach can be set as a compass. Maybe that's only a navigation equipped feature?
Agree about the sunglasses. I bought a tray for the storage box between the seats for that. Not perfect, but does the job. SC could use a lot more storage spots.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
128 Posts
Limited definitely has a compass and voice command. The compass comes up in the gauge cluster. I think the right hand steering wheel switch lets you toggle through what displays there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have voice commands for lots of things. Press the button on the steering wheel. Maybe that's only a limited edition feature?
One of the displays between the speed and tach can be set as a compass. Maybe that's only a navigation equipped feature?
Agree about the sunglasses. I bought a tray for the storage box between the seats for that. Not perfect, but does the job. SC could use a lot more storage spots.
I've got voice commands on the SEL so...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just got what looks like the exact same tray yesterday from Amazon. I like it but way too snug of a fit. Very hard to remove once in. I will come up with a fix... But I do like it!
You might have gotten one for the Tuscan instead of the SC - that's what happened to me. Dremmel time fixed it (I probably should have just sent it back, but...)

I also bought this (but it was a $6.00 "used" deal so it was worth it - not at $20 though!)

Product Musical instrument Font Rectangle Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got what looks like the exact same tray yesterday from Amazon. I like it but way too snug of a fit. Very hard to remove once in. I will come up with a fix... But I do like it!
I find it too tight too. Please post the fix if you come up with one.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD SEL with adventure package
10 Posts
OK, first time here, I opted out of the FB group Santa Cruz owners, not my cup of tea, or whiskey, ( actually I prefer both! ) I owned a Hyundai Kona 2019, and really loved the car! I saw a Santa Cruz at our local Costco and sorry Kona, bye bye! I love the smooth ride and have taken a 14 road trip with mine. What I miss - Voice Command, a built in compass, one, not nearly enough accessories power ports, and NO WHERE TO PUT YOUR SUNGLASSES and or GLASSES in a compartment designed for that. I’m using a visor clip and that sucks, c’mon Hyundai that compartment should be standard on all the models!

I have always used my built in sunglass holder for my garage door remote. I agree that is a feature that i really miss with this car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts