Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call from my local dealer that they have a SC Limited in stock. Looking forward to test drive it tomorrow and buy it if we like it. With this in mind, has anyone purchased a Hyundai Protection Plan (extended warranty) on a SC? Any idea how much the dealers are asking for them? Would like to buy the 10 years, 100k miles, $0 deductible if it's reasonable.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
Received a call from my local dealer that they have a SC Limited in stock. Looking forward to test drive it tomorrow and buy it if we like it. With this in mind, has anyone purchased a Hyundai Protection Plan (extended warranty) on a SC? Any idea how much the dealers are asking for them? Would like to buy the 10 years, 100k miles, $0 deductible if it's reasonable.
It will cost you $2,000+ I would skip it since the regular warranty covers the powertrain for 10 yr/100K. And be careful many Hyundai dealers sell 3rd party warranties, which are not worth it at all.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
I told the finance person that if you can sell it to me for $1k that's a deal, and they wouldn't so I didn't buy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will cost you $2,000+ I would skip it since the regular warranty covers the powertrain for 10 yr/100K. And be careful many Hyundai dealers sell 3rd party warranties, which are not worth it at all.
I didn't pay attention last time I bought one and ended up getting a 3rd party. They have covered the repairs so far but agree that a Hyundai one is better.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
I asked my dealer last weekend and they still have no details about what will be offered or the prices for Canada. I want to go 8 years/200,000km Platinum Plus if I can get it. Way too much expensive tech in these things that can go wrong, and I want it covered as long as possible. Especially since I intend to keep the vehicle for around 10 years. Maybe longer. Who knows what the world will be like by then. LOL

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
I asked my dealer last weekend and they still have no details about what will be offered or the prices for Canada. I want to go 8 years/200,000km Platinum Plus if I can get it. Way too much expensive tech in these things that can go wrong, and I want it covered as long as possible. Especially since I intend to keep the vehicle for around 10 years. Maybe longer. Who knows what the world will be like by then. LOL
There won't be many ICE vehicles for sale on dealer lots, for sure. They will all be EV;s.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
There won't be many ICE vehicles for sale on dealer lots, for sure. They will all be EV;s.
Definitely. Look at how many manufacturers plan to be all-EV by 2030 ... that's barely more than 8 years off. EVs are certainly on my radar. The problems I have come down to my own use, climate, and charge times. From March to October, I'd have no issues. From November through February ... issues. With extreme cold, charging slows down, range drops solidly up to 40%, and I have zero options to top up during my work day. I'm not aware of a single EV charger in the small town I work in. Until 60% of an EVs posted range (because you shouldn't charge over 80% or discharge below 20% to extend battery life) plus an extra 40% for winter losses can do my commute on a single charge, it's not feasible for me. Basically I need an EV with a minimum advertised range of ... about 600km to be a four-season vehicle.

By the time I'm ready to be done with the SC, I'm pretty confident that we'll either a) have many options in that range or b) there will at least be more high speed charging infrastructure everywhere to make up for it. Maybe they'll even have an EV version of the SC for me. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts