Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am old school, well I am old too.

We got ours last week, first car I have bought new with an auto transmission. Wish they had a manual transmission but that is another topic.

Okay, my stupid question. With the fob, what happens if your SC battery goes completely dead. How do you open the car if locked????

Guessing and hoping there is a good answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
21 Posts

We got ours last week, first car I have bought new with an auto transmission. Wish they had a manual transmission but that is another topic.

Okay, my stupid question. With the fob, what happens if your SC battery goes completely dead. How do you open the car if locked????

Thanks.
Here’s how you would get in the car:

Font Gas Auto part Titanium Composite material

Also, if the key fob battery is dead (but the car is not), you would use the smart key to push the start/stop button.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Thanks.
There is a hidden key in the FOB sir. Then slide open the hidden cover on drivers door handle and waaala.. you are in.. To get it to start with a dead FOB battery, use the FOB and push the start button... waaalaa it will start. :p

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I've been through this with our Journey a couple of times in the last decade. Most recently with a dead/shot battery that I replaced this spring. The aforementioned methods should work just fine. The only thing I'm not super keen on is having the manual key slot hidden away. It's the same way on our Equinox, and dammit if I wouldn't be scared to scratch up the paint trying to pop the cover open. At least the lock was exposed on the Dodge. Made it really easy. Then once the door was open and I got a booster pack connected, the power locks worked again.

For under a hundred bucks, one of those little lithium-ion booster packs is a great idea to keep as part of your emergency kit. They're small, you can normally get a couple of solid boosts to a charge, and will definitely fit under the back seat or in the brunk - even the bedside cubbies. Heck, you could plug the USB charger for one into the bed outlet so that it's always topped up when you need it too. That 150W outlet would be fine for that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
u
I've been through this with our Journey a couple of times in the last decade. Most recently with a dead/shot battery that I replaced this spring. The aforementioned methods should work just fine. The only thing I'm not super keen on is having the manual key slot hidden away. It's the same way on our Equinox, and dammit if I wouldn't be scared to scratch up the paint trying to pop the cover open. At least the lock was exposed on the Dodge. Made it really easy. Then once the door was open and I got a booster pack connected, the power locks worked again.

For under a hundred bucks, one of those little lithium-ion booster packs is a great idea to keep as part of your emergency kit. They're small, you can normally get a couple of solid boosts to a charge, and will definitely fit under the back seat or in the brunk - even the bedside cubbies. Heck, you could plug the USB charger for one into the bed outlet so that it's always topped up when you need it too. That 150W outlet would be fine for that.
There’s actually a “button” underneath the handle that you push with the key and the cover pops off reducing the chance of scratching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts