Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the hitch from my local dealer. I also purchased the 4 pin harness. It is an excellent bundle. I installed it in my driveway in less than an hour.

You drop the spare tire and pull the two rear most rubber exhaust hangers. Then bolt the hitch to the frame using 6 bolts that fit into pre-tapped holes in the frame. The wire harness plug directly in, no issues with that.

Overall it is very easy.

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I measured, it's exactly 12" to the left of the center of the hitch. It's attached to a mounting point on the hitch itself. There is plenty of slack so it could be moved closer but a new mounting point would have to be fashioned.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I measured, it's exactly 12" to the left of the center of the hitch. It's attached to a mounting point on the hitch itself. There is plenty of slack so it could be moved closer but a new mounting point would have to be fashioned.
Yeah..terrible design. I'll fabricate my own closer to the centerline to go with my Curt hitch on the way..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you explain this step please? What tools are needed? Where does it move to? Any details you can add please?
Basically just muscles and some WD40. They are just rubber exhaust hanger mounts that attach the exhaust to the car but still let it have some flex. When I did it I started from the axel and worked my way to the muffler. I had an jack stand under the exhaust by the axel just so it didnt more around too much. Pretty easy as far as hitches go no captured nuts you have to fish in or anything like that just bolts into already threaded holes.

These are Santa Fe's but pretty similar will give you an idea as far as if you are comfortable doing it yourself or not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was very easy, since the vehicle is new I didn't need the wd40 or much of the muscles. 😁. I've included a picture of each hanger. I literally just wiggled them off of the steel mounting point. No issue at all. Then slid them back one when I was finished. Once you remove them the muffler will hang about 4 to 5 inches lower. When you put the hitch in above the muffler you will be able to pull it down a few more inches because it is still supported by other rubber hangers further towards the front of the vehic
Automotive tire Bumper Finger Gas Engineering
Fluid Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Tableware
le.

Once you are done you just slip the rubber hangers back on. It was very easy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A properly engineered factory accessory is worth the cost IMO because it usually fits the vehicle perfectly, and makes installation easier. The Hyundai one looks very high quality and fits perfectly and you confirm an easy install.

Thanks for sharing that. It looks great installed, and just like it was always there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts