Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitch on SC November 2021
Just ordered a Limited and they stated a factory installed hitch is 'not' available. While I am at the dealership, they unload a Santa Cruz SEL AWD with a hitch already installed. If they are manufacturing these vehicles in the same location - is there a reason the Limited cannot be ordered with one factory installed ???

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz. 2006 Chevy 2500hd. 1969 Chevy c10
4 Posts
Just ordered a Limited and they stated a factory installed hitch is 'not' available. While I am at the dealership, they unload a Santa Cruz SEL AWD with a hitch already installed. If they are manufacturing these vehicles in the same location - is there a reason the Limited cannot be ordered with one factory installed ???
That is a good question. We ordered an SEL with a factory hitch out of Joplin Missouri

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I don't think Hyundai builds anything to order. It appears they just produce and assign to dealerships. Some get hitches and most don't. The dealer can always install a hitch for you once it arrives if they are available at that time.

If you are hoping to get a hitch -AND- 7-way electric braking plug with under dash controller it ain't going to happen. Hyundai still hasn't even released the "Hyundai Santa Cruz" version of their 7-way plug, let alone any plug-n-play controller. People are using the Kia version and doing it themselves. Big PITA not to have it all in place and orderable IMHO. Unfortunately it is what it is...

·
Registered
115 Posts
While researching what I wanted to buy I noticed there's a theme of pricing on packages from the factory. I was looking for an SEL with activity package and thought if I had to have anything installed the most useful of the crap they add on factory would be the tow hitch (it always comes with carpet). So after checking a lot of window stickers (search on HyundaiUSA.com, search cars in your area and goto the dealers website to view it) I found vehicles that were 32,330 were the exact match I was looking for. Literally every truck at that price had matching features. I found that the best way to know which dealership to contact in regards to what was showing available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is a good question. We ordered an SEL with a factory hitch out of Joplin Missouri
I had shared this on another thread, Turbo models have an issue with the wiring harness. Hyundai is currently working on a fix to add them at the port but until then, you must order from parts to get the updated wiring harness.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My SC SEL came with the tow hitch from the factory. The item was on the window sticker. It took us a few minutes to find the receiver. It was in a box in the under bed storage compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts