Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New wheels / tires and fender flares

Still waiting for my Rally Armor mud flaps to come in from Canada.

Specs for anyone interested:
Fifteen52 Turbomac Wheels 18x8.5 5x114.3 +30 Offset
Falken Wildpeak A/T 245/60/18 (stock size)

The +30 offset makes the wheels stick out about an inch from stock but the Hyundai accessory fender flares are the perfect width for a flush fit.

Super happy with the look and ride quality so far!

Before and After:
Untitled by Pineapple Grenade, on Flickr

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks wonderful! I have the flares too and just got the oem newly released mud flap version for the flares. Will install soon. I really like your choice of wheels and tires! The specs are very helpful and thank you for posting! One of the best setups I’ve seen!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks wonderful! I have the flares too and just got the oem newly released mud flap version for the flares. Will install soon. I really like your choice of wheels and tires! The specs are very helpful and thank you for posting! One of the best setups I’ve seen!
There are mud flaps that fit onto the fender flares? Where did you purchase them?

·
Banned
203 Posts
I think larger diameter wheels are in order with the fender flares. IMO the wheel openings look bigger,making the 18s look like they're not filling the wheel well. On a black truck i dont think id feel the same.
Imagine the flares with these wheels. Photoshop anyone?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks nice. I think the 20’s of the limited look nice in filling the wheel well. They don’t have the sidewall appearance looking meaty and trail ready to some. Then again, it’s not a 4x4 by any means and appearance isn’t going to change that. Bigger diameter is best!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It really comes down to individual taste, I have the Limited with 20" wheels, which rides just fine, maybe a little on the firm side. I am considering optional 18's with a higher sidewall profile and going to an all terrain tire when these are worn out. I feel it will make it appear more truck like, with the added ability to "air down" the tires if I go off-road in sandy conditions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts