Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here watching "Alone" when a real Santa Cruz commercial runs. Is this the first one?

Reactions: roadsterdoc

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw the Santa Cruz ad during the ”Field of Dreams” baseball game tonight!
I also saw the SC commercial during the "Field of Dreams" Game (as well as the Dodgers game).

The commercials I saw were aimed squarely at the under 30's crowd.
I AM the outdoorsy person they are targeting (mountain biker, skier, hiker, surfer, scuba diver etc.)..
Was not impressed by the videos.
Seemed like I was watching young "actors" rather than actual outdoor enthusiasts. Total turnoff.

I don't know what the heck is going on at Hyundai... In my eyes, they keep swinging and missing.😕

TV Commercial

·
Registered
57 Posts
As someone else has mentioned before, pretty much ALL advertising portrays younger people. Even ads targeting the "elderly" 70+ population feature actors in their 50s and 60s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As someone else has mentioned before, pretty much ALL advertising portrays younger people. Even ads targeting the "elderly" 70+ population feature actors in their 50s and 60s....
That's so we will identify with them (and their product preferences.)We all stop aging when we enter midddle age. When we see a high school reunion picture, we think "Who are all those old geezers?" Every year we re-celebrate our 39th birthday.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Remember when Kia ran those dumb chipmunk ads for Millenials to buy Souls at the time?

They didnt, still dont.

But the Soul still sells well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Remember when Kia ran those dumb chipmunk ads for Millenial's to buy Souls at the time? They didnt, still dont.
But the Soul still sells well.
Funny thing: Those ads "sold" a Soul to my (then) 65 year old Aunt!
I always thought that was absolutely' hilarious (ads worked on an elderly lady. Did not work on their targeted group)

·
Registered
96 Posts
TV Commercial
This commercial? Cool shots and music but awful narration.
A great commercial needs no narration. What they should do is show a SC driving in one continual moving shot but with a constant change in its environment and what it’s carrying. From urban to beach to forest to mountains to desert to ranch to suburb etc. Even more effective, put it in a recognizable location in every state, doing what’s fun to do in that state. Time lapse it. It will connect with the entire US population and beyond, unless the music is bad or has inane lines narrated with that stupid voice.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
#2 was the 3 frogs:
"Bud"...
"Weis"...
"er"!
#1 was Geico's Russian oligarch with a miniature living giraffe.

Reactions: LovinLife

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
#2 was the 3 frogs:
"Bud"...
"Weis"...
"er"!
#1 was Geico's Russian oligarch with a miniature living giraffe.
No way. #1 of pretty much all time was the Budweiser frogs. It hit EVERY marker for top notch advertising (speaking as a former ad man of over 20 years). It entertained. It was memorable. It became VERY much a part of pop culture. It did all of that while DIRECTLY promoting the brand/product too. It was a winner on every single level. I don't even drink beer (to speak of) and it made Budweiser go top of mind for HOW many years since that launched?? 26! The answer is 26. I remember vividly people croaking it around the room in class in high school ... and college. Drove teachers nuts! LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
This commercial? Cool shots and music but awful narration
All I know, I did not enjoy watching the ad. Did not bring me joy. Frustrated me. The narrators voice bothered me. Weak sounding. Did not inspire trust. I have nothing in common with the "actors" that appeared on the screen (fake. most did not look like outdoor enthusiasts). They could have done a better job showcasing the vehicle (Minor gripe. Still shots of SC gave me the info I needed)

The commercial was very... Meh!

One man's opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do a lot of market research studies (getting paid!) that actually review commercials to get our opinions and commercials are now geared toward trying to show the brands are part of the community. Gender, race, age, etc... so you see a lot of these types of commercials these days due to that. They aren't about entertainment anymore.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Years ago, Honda thought the Element would appeal to the young, active crowd., Real demographic turned out to be geezers. Swing and a miss...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts