Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first impression today at the dealer when I drove in to look at the model they just got up here in Canada.
Parked my ranger beside it and wow I was impressed. It just looks way better in person that I expected until the sales dude comes out and the first thing he says it so on a scale of 1 to 10 how ugly do you think this is.
I told him it’s awesome and I already placed my order to which he goes oh okay
He says you trading in the ranger cuz we will gladly take it off your hands. Not sure what to take of him but oh well don’t have to deal with him but just kinda odd for the first words out of his mouth is how ugly is this. Not good for a salesman imo but can’t wait for mine which should be here in a couple of weeks plus I get to test drive the lot model in a couple of days

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Well, you could have played the "Oh, it's hideous! Can you take 5 grand off the asking price to make up for it?" card. LOL

Yeah, no, that's super weird for a sales guy to come out swinging like that, not knowing who he's talking to or if he literally just offended the person who was on the lot to buy it. I'd mention it to his manager, honestly. Very unprofessional. And if he was "just kidding" he should learn that it's dangerous to do unless you actually know the person you're joking with first so you can be pretty sure you're both on the same page.

No picture alongside the Ranger for comparison?

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
It just looks way better in person that I expected until the sales dude comes out and the first thing he says it so on a scale of 1 to 10 how ugly do you think this is.
Should have asked him if it comes with a bag with eye holes to wear while driving, so nobody knows it's you inside! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
100 Posts
He saw your new Ranger and made the assumption you’re a “Ranger guy” through & through and there was no possibility you would buy a Santa Cruz. So he attempted to ingratiate himself by putting down “his” competing vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts