Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a warning saying to check driver side rear brake and turn signal. The brake light works fine and the tempo of the turn signal has increased. Is there a way to reset these warnings since functionally they both seem to be fine?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
tempo increased (hyperflash) means definitely something's bad, I had a similar issue but mine was very tricky to pin down the cause because it was random, if your error message and hyperflash persist all the time, then most likely the following:
  1. bad bulb(s)
  2. bad bulb socket(s)
  3. bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness
mine was later found to be 3 and I band-aid fixed it by bending the wires and wrapping them with tapes until I was satisfied with the consistency of the connection.

easier solution is to just take it to the dealer, I know brake pads, washer fluids etc are considered consumables and not covered warranty, I'm not sure if light bulbs are considered consumables, but the answer lies in the factory warranty terms and conditions.

If the warranty covers light bulbs, then do nothing let the dealer fix it.

If the warranty doesn't cover light bulbs, then you can just buy a 1156 halogen bulb and swap the bulbs yourself and see if that fixes the problem,
if that doesn't fix the problem, then put the original bulb back and take it to the dealer, I'm pretty sure sockets, wiring harness, light assembly itself are covered under warranty

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tempo increased (hyperflash) means definitely something's bad, I had a similar issue but mine was very tricky to pin down the cause because it was random, if your error message and hyperflash persist all the time, then most likely the following:
  1. bad bulb(s)
  2. bad bulb socket(s)
  3. bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness
mine was later found to be 3 and I band-aid fixed it by bending the wires and wrapping them with tapes until I was satisfied with the consistency of the connection.

easier solution is to just take it to the dealer, I know brake pads, washer fluids etc are considered consumables and not covered warranty, I'm not sure if light bulbs are considered consumables, but the answer lies in the factory warranty terms and conditions.

If the warranty covers light bulbs, then do nothing let the dealer fix it.

If the warranty doesn't cover light bulbs, then you can just buy a 1156 halogen bulb and swap the bulbs yourself and see if that fixes the problem,
if that doesn't fix the problem, then put the original bulb back and take it to the dealer, I'm pretty sure sockets, wiring harness, light assembly itself are covered under warranty
Thanks! Since you've already dealt with this, once removing the two bolts how easily did your light assembly pull out? I didn't want to force it until I have bulbs in hand.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Thanks! Since you've already dealt with this, once removing the two bolts how easily did your light assembly pull out? I didn't want to force it until I have bulbs in hand.
grab and pull the housing straight and direct towards the back of the vehicle, just don't stand to far and you should only need to pull the housing out less than 3", it was very easy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grab and pull the housing straight and direct towards the back of the vehicle, just don't stand to far and you should only need to pull the housing out less than 3", it was very easy
New LED bulbs seemed to have done the trick, thanks to all on this site for the suggestions and recommendations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts