Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and loving all the information and ideas I'm getting. I just picked up my Santa Cruz (Preferred Trend Canada model) last week. I ordered it back in May and it was worth the wait! I'm coming from a '17 Mazda CX-5 and am impressed by the ride quality, handling and power the Santa Cruz has over that. With the utility of a bed! My first accessory will be Weathertech floor mats. Then the trailer hitch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations! I'm getting the impression from this forum that there is a bit of backlog on hitches out there right now. If you order one, I'd be interested in hearing which you choose and your experience for delivery, etc.

I'm not too keen on the Hyundai hitch because it's expensive, and I don't need it for towing (I use mine for a bike rack). So looking for better alternatives that are less expensive and are well-designed with a good look. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm new to the forum and loving all the information and ideas I'm getting. I just picked up my Santa Cruz (Preferred Trend Canada model) last week. I ordered it back in May and it was worth the wait! I'm coming from a '17 Mazda CX-5 and am impressed by the ride quality, handling and power the Santa Cruz has over that. With the utility of a bed! My first accessory will be Weathertech floor mats. Then the trailer hitch.
Welcome - good to see another Canadian on here… 🇨🇦

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations.. Just curious as I have been a Mazda CX-5 fan for several years until I saw the Santa Cruz I wanted to buy one but always held off. Since they are known as very quiet interiors with low road and wind noise how does the Santa Cruz compare in those areas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations.. Just curious as I have been a Mazda CX-5 fan for several years until I saw the Santa Cruz I wanted to buy one but always held off. Since they are known as very quiet interiors with low road and wind noise how does the Santa Cruz compare in those areas?
I find the Santa Cruz to compare very well to the CX-5 in terms of wind and road noise. It's early days with it but over this past weekend I took it for a 2 hour drive on a mix of highway and back roads and was very impressed with how quite the interior is. Mine came with the 18" tires and I don't hear much road noise at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations! I'm getting the impression from this forum that there is a bit of backlog on hitches out there right now. If you order one, I'd be interested in hearing which you choose and your experience for delivery, etc.

I'm not too keen on the Hyundai hitch because it's expensive, and I don't need it for towing (I use mine for a bike rack). So looking for better alternatives that are less expensive and are well-designed with a good look. :)
Thanks! My dealer didn't have any hitches when I took delivery but they got one in this week for another customer order. I mainly want it for my bike rack as well so you find any alternatives please let me know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks! My dealer didn't have any hitches when I took delivery but they got one in this week for another customer order. I mainly want it for my bike rack as well so you find any alternatives please let me know.
Will do!

BTW, if you haven't seen the other thread I put together, I also made my own bike rack for about $40 that allows full use of the bed while carrying bikes:

One way to use your t-tracks (bed rails)

It's a work in progress, but I'm all about options. :) I have a two-bike 1Up hitch-mounted rack that is awesome, but it's super heavy, long, and it's probably in the way of operating my tailgate, not sure, so this is why I have two other options (including a tailgate pad as the third option).

·
Registered
78 Posts
On page 7 of the towing forum there is a link to the Curt hitch for $325 and someone also on that page said they got the Curt hitch from UHaul for $235

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
Welcome to the club! Which end of ON are you in? (At least, I'm guessing from your handle.) What colour did you get? I originally ordered the Trend too, but wife said get the Ultimate, and you don't argue with logic like that. lol

I don't have the hitch installed yet - dealer is still waiting on my front floor mats to arrive before I go in to get it installed. I'm about 150km from my dealer (nearest one), so trying to line it all up for one trip if I can. Which reminds me, I need to check on those ... they said last week they were expecting it by yesterday and I wanted to get that stuff all installed while I'm on vacation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the club! Which end of ON are you in? (At least, I'm guessing from your handle.) What colour did you get? I originally ordered the Trend too, but wife said get the Ultimate, and you don't argue with logic like that. lol

I don't have the hitch installed yet - dealer is still waiting on my front floor mats to arrive before I go in to get it installed. I'm about 150km from my dealer (nearest one), so trying to line it all up for one trip if I can. Which reminds me, I need to check on those ... they said last week they were expecting it by yesterday and I wanted to get that stuff all installed while I'm on vacation.
Thanks! I'm in southern Ontario. Mine is Sage Grey or Boba Fett green as I like to say :) True enough, when you get the OK to upgrade, you do it. The ultimate adds some great features like the cooled seats. I saw the pictures of your snow tires and wheels btw - looks very good.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I find the Santa Cruz to compare very well to the CX-5 in terms of wind and road noise. It's early days with it but over this past weekend I took it for a 2 hour drive on a mix of highway and back roads and was very impressed with how quite the interior is. Mine came with the 18" tires and I don't hear much road noise at all.
I don't have any experience with the CX-5, but you did inspire my curiosity a little bit...

I used a decibel meter on my iPhone (Decibel) to create some data points in my Limited.

Interior, engine stopped: 32 dB
Interior, engine running (stationary): 49 dB
Interior, moving 30 mph: 63 dB
Interior, moving 65 mph: 68 dB

It was a raining, but the air was still. I do notice when the air is thicker and/or it's windy, that the Santa Cruz is a little noisy at highway speeds, particularly toward the front of the driver's window. It's not a ton or anything, but a little noisier with wind noise sometimes than my last two cars (Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Macan) in some cases. In general, though, I would regard the Santa Cruz as really quiet.

Anyway, interesting data points, hope that helps for perspective!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
I wouldn't have said Boba Fett green ... but Yoda is pretty accurate, which is partly why mine is named Grogu. Either way, you end up in a Star Wars reference. LOL

Reactions: D2jcv
1 - 14 of 14 Posts