Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Well, the inflatable pontoon boat fits!

Put in a couple of 2x6s lifted the tailgate and slid it right in. A couple of cargo straps to secure, just add my red flags and I’m good to go. The trolling motor and battery are on the floor of the bed. Moved the tie downs on the side rails up toward he front so I could put a strap over the front of the boat. The pontoon is 9’-6” long.

It’s easier to load on the SC than it was in the full sized truck because it’s lower. Yeah, it hangs out, but it won’t fit inside the full sized truck either.

Took a short drive just to make sure there were no problems. Definitely have to use mirrors when backing up.

On days when I’m not taking the boat, rod holders!

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Gas

·
Registered
315 Posts
Almost like an Ape humping a football :ROFLMAO:
But seriously...You're making it work for you,,, Nice!!

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
58 Posts
necessity is the mother of invention....looks good...have you taken it up on the freeway? ....air may catch the interior of the boat and cause problems...take it easy on the speed...the fish will always be there 😁

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
necessity is the mother of invention....looks good...have you taken it up on the freeway? ....air may catch the interior of the boat and cause problems...take it easy on the speed...the fish will always be there 😁
Just took a short drive so far. It’s scraped down pretty well, don’t expect problems, but I always take it pretty easy with things in the back. Plus most of my fishing spots are within 30 miles on country roads. 🙂

·
Registered
411 Posts
View attachment 1963 View attachment 1964

Well, the inflatable pontoon boat fits!

Put in a couple of 2x6s lifted the tailgate and slid it right in. A couple of cargo straps to secure, just add my red flags and I’m good to go. The trolling motor and battery are on the floor of the bed. Moved the tie downs on the side rails up toward he front so I could put a strap over the front of the boat. The pontoon is 9’-6” long.

It’s easier to load on the SC than it was in the full sized truck because it’s lower. Yeah, it hangs out, but it won’t fit inside the full sized truck either.

Took a short drive just to make sure there were no problems. Definitely have to use mirrors when backing up.

On days when I’m not taking the boat, rod holders!

View attachment 1965 View attachment 1966
Thank you for your service sir. Glad the SC is working out well. 🇺🇲

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
Nice mod with the flush mounts in the 2x6!! Awesome to see someone making use of the slots built into the bed like that. I'd have never thought of the rod holders ... but I'm thinking it now! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice mod with the flush mounts in the 2x6!! Awesome to see someone making use of the slots built into the bed like that. I'd have never thought of the rod holders ... but I'm thinking it now! :D
Found them on Amazon. Set of 4 for $20. They’re really made for kayaks. Need a 2” hole saw, gotta drill at an angle.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yep. I recognized them from the 4 flush mount holders on my Pelican Catch 120 fishing yak. :) Just got it three weeks ago, then fscked up my thumb two weekends ago building a cart for it. Last cut kicked out from under the clamp on my mitre saw and took my thumb backwards as it flew away. Thought I'd dislocated it, but just a really bad sprain. Took about a week for the swelling to come down. Can finally start to actually grip things with it this week. Should be back to normal in another week or three. Still planning on going for a paddle tomorrow. Weather's looking good for it, and I can actually grip the paddle again. LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep. I recognized them from the 4 flush mount holders on my Pelican Catch 120 fishing yak. :) Just got it three weeks ago, then fscked up my thumb two weekends ago building a cart for it. Last cut kicked out from under the clamp on my mitre saw and took my thumb backwards as it flew away. Thought I'd dislocated it, but just a really bad sprain. Took about a week for the swelling to come down. Can finally start to actually grip things with it this week. Should be back to normal in another week or three. Still planning on going for a paddle tomorrow. Weather's looking good for it, and I can actually grip the paddle again. LOL
sorry to hear about your accident. Glad it wasn’t any worse. Enjoy your paddle!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That's right. You've got an outlet in the bed to run the pump anyway.
Exactly! And it has plenty of wattage to power up a little 1 or 2 gallon air compressor for stuff like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts